CI Selfcast Crit Discharge (100k+ DMG)

Hi guys, this is my latest build (and most fun one): CI SELFCAST CRIT DISCHARGE

My Current Passive Tree at lvl 92
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAW8EBwVCBx4NfA5IES8RUBGWFdcabBslHNwfAilPKjgqTSsKLJwsvy0fNbk2xTwFPV8_J0GWRnFG10cGSVFKyEuuTLNQMFFMUlNWY1xrXcZd8l8qX2pjQ2SdbRluqm-ecFJw1XcHfVt_xoIQgwmESIV9hq6HE4nTi3qLjI5kj_qTJ5UglS6XlZf0nKSdrp_foqOnCKcrqW6sR66ztAy1BLXytve2-sHFwfPDbcpK0PXYJNlb217b596w34rfsOFz4vfkIucL6QLquuvk6_XtIO988NXyHfLh8773pv6z

Bandits: Kill - Kill - Alira

A Little Introduction of The Build

This build makes use of the Uniques 'Voll's Protector' and 'Voll's Devotion', which is a legacy-unique from the Onslaught League. It does incredibly high damage, but has no mitigation, that's why you go CI to get more Effective Hit Points.

Pros
Spoiler
Incredibly High Damage
Incredibly Fast Clear-Speed
Quite tanky because of high ES and multiple Cast when Stunned/CWDT
You look like a christmas tree that makes everything go "BOOM"

Cons
Spoiler
You do have to lookout for reflect, I advice you to not do -max or 18% reflect, but 13% alone is easily doable
It doesn't work as well in 4man+ groupplay
Your single target may be somewhat lacking
You need a legacy unique that is quite costly (10 - 15 exalt, any more than that is a rip off

Gem links

Voll's Protector 6L -- Discharge + Lifeleech + Concentrated Effect + Increased Critical Damage + Increased Area of Affect + Lightning Penetration

The lovely one-shot mechanic 'Discharge' needs to be in a Voll's Protector so you can permanently keep up the power charges! This gem order is also the order of importance, so lifeleech would be the most important and lightning penetration the least.

Cast when Stunned Helm 4L(/5L) -- Cast when Stunned + Cold Snap + Elemental Proliferation + Lifeleech (+ Cold Penetration)

This build doesnt have Practical Application or Unwavering Stance, instead it makes use of the gem "Cast when Stunned". The reason u can have a 5L helm is because if you have really endgame gear (I don't even have it myself) you can Corrupt "Gems in this item are supported by level 12 Cast when Stunned" on your helm (or gloves, whatever floats your boat). The reason i have it on my helm is because rolling BBRG on Maligaro's Virtuosity is quite expensive, because it also has to be corrupted with Cast when Stunned.

Auras 2L/3L -- Discipline + Reduced Mana (+ Purity of Lightning)

I currently only use Discpline because of Mana problems, but with good gear (or maybe Mana Leech on a 6L?) I'm sure you can also run Purity of Lightning.

Utility 4L -- Vaal Discipline + Ice Spear + Bloodrage + Greater Multiple Projectiles

This is your 4L for all your utility skills, and it would be amazing if you could run Increased Duration on it but right now I dont have the gem slots for that. The Ice Spear is meant to gain Power Charges the first time, so that you can get the ball rollin' after that. It's your choice whether you level the Ice Spear or not, I did level it because it freezes almost everything with 700% Crit Multiplier.

Lightning Warp 3L -- Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting

The standard. It's really nice for this build because you probably won't have movement speed on your boots so you use Lightning Warp to move around, next to that you can also use it to jump in a pack, which you then instantly kill with a Discharge.

CWDT 4L -- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 20) + Discharge + Lifeleech + Increased Area of Effect

The reason I use a CWDT instead of a second Cast when Stunned is because this is more constant and feels safer. This is sort of your last resort, and helps quite a lot!

My Current Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

It's 100% necessary to get Surgeon's on every single flask! Later you could switch out the Jade Flask for a Rumi's Concotion or an Atziri's Promise if you're experiencing difficulties with Reflect
Last edited by Tiranna on Oct 19, 2014, 7:50:56 AM
bump, just made the guide, hope you enjoy it!
www.nicebuild.com
bump :D
Bump, added the price of voll's devotion
bump, got a lvl 21 discharge!!
Bump... ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info