The day i stopped cleaving...

and i asked general discussion dwellers about infernal blow is today.

I am tired of my beyond cleaving machine so i thought i would go see what rampage is like and play something new!

Has anyone experience with this skill, without facebreakers and would something like this be optimal for that skill?

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Where the hell do you see the skill points used? Is that a 100 points passive tree? 80?

I have no experience with this skill btw but i would suggest an entirely different route :O since your going rampage might as well have some fun.

Notice the 15% chance to ignite in the passive tree, then get these items on it.

go infernal blow/fire pen/ more melee phys damage/ ele prolif/WeD whatever.

Cast with flamability and watch the world burn, everything will double dip on the fire explosion.

I am doing this with a 2-hander and molten strike, shit is hilarious.

If you can see the links that's my current set-up. The thing is, more melee phys and WeD stack with one another because your converting damage from phys to fire, and fire pen is another more multiplier.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : passive tree of the char i described above if your interested. Double curse because pure elemental hits and in reflect maps warlords mark for more leach/charges.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 15, 2014, 3:56:14 PM
every league i usually end up making a cold snap + infernal blow templar with area and elemental nodes, its a ton of fun freezing the entire screen then oneshotting with the explosion. but honestly infernal blow is a horrible skill since you simply cant survive the reflect damage with no real way to mitigate it, the explosion will kill you anytime a crab with reflect is hiding in the group or a slightly offscreen reflect mob that you cant see is near the pack. you will get so frustrated dying to it even in softcore.
Just FYI but Facebreakers aren't considered a "weapon".. so things like WED and nodes that increase one handed weapon damage won't work. Multistrike and Melee Splash are pretty fun with IB.
"
Xoodrool wrote:
Just FYI but Facebreakers aren't considered a "weapon".. so things like WED and nodes that increase one handed weapon damage won't work. Multistrike and Melee Splash are pretty fun with IB.

are you sure about that?
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
"
Xoodrool wrote:

are you sure about that?

Wed doesnt help facebreaker builds, because you are dealing unarmed damage. Try it for yourself and you can see :)
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
Infernal Blow is great not only because it blows shit up, but also because it solves many of the problems the game throws at you - i.e Necros, Fracture Mobs, Soul Conduit - by blowing shit up :)

didn't try it at end-game, because my HC main isn't there yet - but it's a lot of fun up to and including Act 2 Merciless for sure.

here's his gear and gems setup, for reference:

Spoiler

PASSIVE TREE

it's built for survivability so if you are taking this into Rampage, you can sacrifice some of the life nodes for extra damage, and go for Heralds/offensive auras instead of Vitality and Purities.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 16, 2014, 1:35:01 AM
@Boem

It's 106 skillpoints so lvl 87 easily achievable if the char is any fun. I like your burn builds but i like upfront damage more. What i wanted to ask, isn't the WED at half effectiveness since it applies to 50% of your damage? Also isn't that true about elemental nodes in the tree? I am thinking about removing them.

@Rimez

That's why i got block, which maxes out with perandus shield. I am thinking of getting the 10% spellblock from witch with lahzwar and rainbowstrides. If the lahzwar is corrupted for spellblock chance i am looking at 70% spellblock as well.

@Xoodrool

I am not gonna be using facebreakers.

@John

I like your tree a lot since it has a lot of survivablity, but i don't know if i can withstand reflect without block/spellblock. I have seen a lot of infernal blow players die to reflect in hc leagues, trust me :P

So while thinking about it more, is increased area for melee splash even good from the tree or are the chain explosions enough to clear packs? Still not sure how to build.

I am thinking of using a one-handed sword since i don't have much attackspeed from tree and swords have the fastest base one. Not sure about auras yet. Is herald of ash effective for infernal blow since the killing blow also explodes the monster?

I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Oct 16, 2014, 3:36:54 AM
well you are building an Infernal Blow Marauder, so fast swords don't really fit the theme :)

I always thought of those guys as
I am heavy weapons guy, and this... is my weapon

tree looks good, but you are still in a Turbo Cleaver mind-set man, rather than "hit hard and blow stuff up". you're also in a HC mindset. don't really need that much survivability in Rampage. you're allowed to have fun. and very few things in this game are as fun as a Melee Splash, Multi-strike IB "heavy weapons guy", that makes entire packs of monsters explode to bits.
bonus feature for me: Extra Gore from the amulet.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
well you are building an Infernal Blow Marauder, so fast swords don't really fit the theme :)

I always thought of those guys as
I am heavy weapons guy, and this... is my weapon

tree looks good, but you are still in a Turbo Cleaver mind-set man, rather than "hit hard and blow stuff up". you're also in a HC mindset. don't really need that much survivability in Rampage. you're allowed to have fun. and very few things in this game are as fun as a Melee Splash, Multi-strike IB "heavy weapons guy", that makes entire packs of monsters explode to bits.
bonus feature for me: Extra Gore from the amulet.

I can't see the pic, not sure why.
It's true that i like fast attackspeed :P
People in the last hc league were accusing me of speedhacks (not really, haha but i had 10attacks/sec on a hc league while dual wielding swords xD)

I built him with a hc mindset because the last time i started playing a sc league, i stopped playing when my char died from a corpse exploding box. Each time i saw him on the character screen i was screaming :"You are dead to me!" and i finally deleted him.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Oct 16, 2014, 4:19:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info