Question about marauder 2h hardcore build

This is what I am thinking:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_f-Mx-5tY5FHBBHloC2F4DalutfJuqkrIiq-QEYLkNZJN4_6Pplcxnti9458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIhVw2Rzrvt9zJyqayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4Otgt0ny7xYrwH6IABLMCcRRNqWgYXVivhyk26GSjGlVhIYdqqZSQbITZZU0UUkd-vYGZK4TvdO1672BLBS0S4fNxROdqO-oYJOH7RRfqiDgW-Z2K6GY__AixOuHyRf4KTjLlvfZVWf5USTpS4mGVmyb4MHdlp2xGcmwyCQ==

It is very standard, survival build, trying to put some crit+attack speed on top of it.

Thinking of using Leap + Sweep mostly, with heavy strike for bosses. With a little luck I'll get multistrike (or buy it) for the sweep.
Main support for Sweep will be life gain on hit.

What do you think? What are the weaknesses for that? Too little life? Not enough damage? Not enough resistance?

Thanks!
Last edited by danbg on Oct 15, 2014, 11:51:03 AM
I think that tree is fine for defense, but is it worth investing into crit?

I'll start off by saying I'm not familiar with crit melee specs. However, while you did spec into several crit nodes on the tree, I'm not sure if it's enough. Not your error, there are slim pickings for crit on this side of the tree. Through gear, you can obtain crit with items like Maligaro's and good crit rolls on your weapon and amulet.

My other concern with crit is your lack of physical defense. Even with your items being pure armour and running Enduring Cry / Immortal Call, I think reflect will be rough. In any case, I would start with a more conservative approach: spec into Resolute Technique and pick up more life and physical damage nodes in place of the critical nodes. Once you're comfortable in end-game maps with the character, you can use your respec points obtained from quests to experiment with crit.

My proposed tree: More defense & physical damage scaling, opting out of crit:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYY_ZIjM89_F8_wQR5aAtheA2pbrXybqpKyDWSTeP-j6ZXMZ7YveOfJy_vDryfpKzyL6gYah7SIVcNkc677fcycqmsqlnzwBqQVaeEGjjsODrYLdJ8u8WK8B-iAASzAnEUTaloWK-HKTboZKMaVWEhh2qplJBshNllTRRSR369gZkrhO907XrvYEsFLRLhOuHyRf4KTjLlvfZVWf5USTpS4mGVmyb4MHdlp2xGcmwyCXzZJ-38S2wWhxn3TXYrQXQTTGRSME9AoK5QwaO-p25p

I just put that together in a couple minutes, I'm sure someone could come up with something better. Some things to consider:

• Since you're not speccing into Iron Reflexes or Acro/Phase Acro/Ondar's, you probably want to spec into Unwavering Stance since you should be wearing as many pure armour pieces as possible.

• Plan to cap resistances with gear. Grab the resist nodes only if necessary (still, you should consider this a temporary solution).

Last edited by nv314961 on Oct 15, 2014, 2:47:26 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the analysis!

I like several things in the proposed tree - like Acceleration and By the blade - nice picks, really close to the backbone of the passive build!

The thing with Resolute is, I pick it EVERY TIME for my Str toons, and it begins to feel a little boring :). Maybe experimenting with crit later is a nice touch, yes.

I'm thinking with a little lucky gear (+% crit chance) and maybe Power Charge on Crit support gem, I'll raise this enough so that it is viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info