~How many currency you drop om maps?

Idk i have 7-8 chars and if i do not upgrade one of them(with regrets of course)
I get rarely 75-80 alchemy, everyday chaos and every second day buy chisels.
How about you what level alchemy maps, looking for groups, rare and magic mods.If i play with char who don't have MF(i don't have MF char) alching even 72-73 map for more drop at least.

What you do usually and can you tell about win-win mapping :)

Thank you and i thing blow about 100 exalts for 1 year rolling good maps and now i dont have currency :)
IGN:FinishMan, BrownHallo, Maman, SpeedyJoJo, StereoCld, WildRobe, Ladyto, SpeedyJoJo.
My experience (reality may differ) :

The bulk of my "wealth" comes from chaos orb recipe while running maps. Thats it. Occasionally, I get alch or chaos here and there but nothing worth mentioning.

Thats just the way it was for me... since forever?

EDIT : Just to clarify, that means I usually just drop alch on the map and run it if even remotely able to. Chaos only if no-go life twinned -max res ele reflect
Last edited by aldorus on Oct 14, 2014, 9:22:03 AM
Tell you the truth here I transmute a map and maybe a few alterations if its temp chains, or -resists. Other than that I will transmute and run. Any lvl map 75-78s. I now only chisel 78's. Still not alching anything.

I have no map drop problems. I'm 93 atm. Only maps I run under 75 are the short circles and straight maps like caynon, dry pen gorge. Rest I vendor up to 75's.

I do this to save currency. This entire league I might have chaos 1-2 maps. For a while when alterations weren't stupid prices I would alt every map for rares or pack size. Easy maps equal no chance of dying and I just want to level and farm currency to craft stuff.

I like to craft and most my currency goes into trying to 6L or just making weapon armors I can use.

Last edited by cavespro on Oct 14, 2014, 9:20:22 AM
Alc and go, if the mods are not doable will chaos it, this is for 70-73

I am waiting to start 74+, I have 10 or so stashed
I alc 74+ usually, chisel 77+ and chaos 5-10 times for a pack / magic pack + high quantity. Aside from that, lower level maps arent really worth investing into much.
I usually like rolling maps until there have some special pre- or suffixes (at least 2 of them) like:

- more packsize
- more rares
- 2 exiles
- 2 bosses
- or iqq over 100%

With the chaos and chisel receipt I rarely run out of currencies. And maps (that is just my luck) I get every day more then i use. somethimes i cube all my 74 and 75 maps to higher ones.

But what is really important for me:

- Always put 4 chisels on 74+ maps
- Run them at least with 2-3 friends together

The rest is up to you.

PS.: vaal orb every 78 map, with a little luck you will get the 79 map :) Maybe its luck but I get them about every 30-40 maps vaaled.
"
cavespro wrote:

I have no map drop problems. I'm 93 atm. Only maps I run under 75 are the short circles and straight maps like caynon, dry pen gorge. Rest I vendor up to 75's.

To me, this is what makes PoE just a "very good game" and not a "GREAT game". I've played PoE since closed beta, made several characters capable of running the highest of end game maps. And in these years of playing, I still can't keep and maintain a map pool of 76, 77 and 78 - even if I alch and chaos everything.

But this guy, who don't even care about quantity on maps, just run them almost white and only chisels 78's - HE does NOT have a problem with map drop?

When the RNG fucks you over, every day, year after year - while others "have no problem", the variations is too big.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
i alch from 73 and up and chisel 76+ only , seriously aftera certain level , leveling is so hard and currency consuming.

I want to ask you at how much MAP IIQ you are happy and play ( zana buffs us a bit )
I don't drop any currency, I prefer to pick it up.
Perception is reality.
"
Phrazz wrote:
When the RNG fucks you over, every day, year after year - while others "have no problem", the variations is too big.

This is really the key. The main problem of this game. With maps, loot and crafting. The RNG gap between the lucky and the unlucky ones is way too huge
♠RaGoN♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info