[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

Sorry. I meant 'your duration' (from your build). It looks like it's hold IC for much longer than the setup of gems suggest. I'm curious, wanna try it.

Oh, and another question: Wouldn't Concentrated effect (60% damage boost) be an upgrade compared to weapon elemental damage or added fire damage? Because it boost the physical dmg as well. As MS attacks are focused on dealing single target damage (to proc HoA), then this improve things up. What are your thoughs?
Last edited by junaum on Nov 19, 2014, 10:23:42 AM
"
junaum wrote:
Wouldn't Concentrated effect (60% damage boost) be an upgrade compared to weapon elemental damage or added fire damage? Because it boost the physical dmg as well. As MS attacks are focused on dealing single target damage (to proc HoA), then this improve things up. What are your thoughs?

Concentrated effect only effects the lava balls, whereas WED and added fire effect both.

I chose not the modify the projectiles because they take a too long to drop and i usually kill with my main attack before that happens. So things like conc effect, iron grip and point blank aren't included.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Added a Daresso's Defiance section in the notes.
Concerning the new Daresso's build, is the flicker replaceable? For Leap Slam, for instance (leap seems to be easier for me, because it jumps small objects that usually I get stuck into.

Edit: Never mind, just noticed that Flicker Quality adds up to %80 crit chance. Still, I guess that additional chance is the only difference for the build correct? Or is there any special critical related stuff behind flicker (for instance, it uses different weapon then leap)
Last edited by junaum on Nov 20, 2014, 11:18:23 AM
"
junaum wrote:
Concerning the new Daresso's build, is the flicker replaceable? For Leap Slam, for instance (leap seems to be easier for me, because it jumps small objects that usually I get stuck into.

Edit: Never mind, just noticed that Flicker Quality adds up to %80 crit chance. Still, I guess that additional chance is the only difference for the build correct? Or is there any special critical related stuff behind flicker (for instance, it uses different weapon then leap)

Yes absolutely viable in anything you wish. I use flicker for my own playstyle, but it isn't a necessity for this build.

Leap slam uses a weapon other than a dagger and therefore has the crit chance of that weapon (57% with catalyst), so it won't activate IC as often. But manual casting before battle works just as well.
Man, this is it.

The Daresso's Chest was made for this build! Tested it. Entering combat with instant and automatic immortal call for 5-6 seconds is just priceless. I've stopped fearing physical reflect (even using the Abyssus, which adds 40% phys damage). The additional charges are helping out on Minus Ele Resists as well.

The only real problem now is my own sense of immortality. You get used to quickly sweep the map (specially at parties) and that can easily throw me into a elemental reflect or some fucking chaos damage coming from nowhere.

** Edit: I'm now making some testings with poacher's mark and a parallel set of cwdt+enduring cry. WHat happens is that it increases the amount of frenzies being generated, helping to keep max frenzies (because the flicker eventually consumes 1 frenzy to bypass the cooldown). The cwdt+enduring is being pretty good as well - after I get hit, and lose all charges (daresso's thing), the cry is proceed and I instantly get it all back. Until now, this have become an interesting adaptation. Oh, there is also those fine life/mana on hit that benefits from the lava balls multiple hits.

Current setup:

Last edited by junaum on Nov 21, 2014, 11:09:21 AM
Really nice equipment! Your gems are still levelling and you'll see significant boosts when you start applying quality to some of them.

The cwdt - EC idea is a good one but I don't see IC in your gem sets.

I don't think I could drop assassins mark for poachers mark, power charges are too important.

The life on hit from poachers is insignificant compared to the life regen from Bino.

What's your current dps value?

This is my equipment for now.Are the snakebites and bino's necessary or i could just keep using doryanis and my dagger which i will upgrade in the time?Also are my CWDT setups good?And what could i possibly get as next item except 6l light coil?

Using rare daggers are absolutely viable, I proved this by achieving 95k from 2x 10c daggers, and with your catalyst boosting ele damage, even better.

I find that if you keep cwdt - EC - IC low level (1 or 2), it procs more often and is more effective at keeping you alive, but this is my opinion. I think having 2 cwdt - EC is a bit of a waste, you can definitely use those slots for something more useful, such as a HoT combo.

How you managed to get 4 off colour Maligaro's is pretty amazing. I wouldn't change it and you could sell that for a bit more than it would cost to buy a new one.

I chose Assassin's Mark for the power charges, but Vulnerability is great, it gives more life leech from blood rage and once you quality it, it boosts burn damage by a further 33%.

I would get more chaos resistance to counter the degen.

I am beginning to think the major wall in the guide is the use of lightning coil and blood rage. The resistance requirement is too steep and too dependant on spending a lot of currency. I am going to lean toward using Daresso's Defiance as the main chest in the future. So I suggest a 6L Daresso as you next major upgrade.

Everything else is great and upgrading your amulet with crit multi and high flat phys will benefit your dps and life leech greatly.

U said HoT, but i dont have enough mana to run 3 auras.Can you explain me how i can do that, i got 566 mana i think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info