[1.2.x] CoC ~HC Viable~ Scion Max block *Single target setup and AoE Set up* 2 ways to do this

Intro
Hello  everyone,  Tolerance  here,  I  am  pretty  sure  there  are  a  lot  of  cast  on  critical  strike  builds  out  there  but  usually  not  made  for  HC  but  this  one  is,  My  gear  is  not  exactly  where  I  want  it  to  be  because  I  am  pretty  much  waiting  out  on  some  gear  to  be  found  that  I  would  want,  but  I  will  update  whenever  I  do  get  them

Pros and Cons

Pros:
* Alot of Res on tree, no need for tons of Res gear to get overcapped.

* Instant Pot refills, thanks to surgeon

* Endurance Charges from cursed enemies and perma granite gives a decent amount of armour plus max block / max spell block.

* Anything without High cold res will get perma frozen *including rares*

* Very high dmg without even having to go dmg nodes

* one of the less Graphics intensive CoC setups so you won't lag as much as the other ones

Cons:
* No life regen due to vaal pact so is forced to get alot of chaos res.

* Pot management really starts to hurt your hands *could just be a person problem with me*.

* Corrupting blood is scary to deal with and can literally destroy you if you aren't paying attention.

* requires some Intelligence on gear and a six link *But they are really cheap*

* Less efficient on points than witch.

Passive Tree
Without a block stone of Lazhwar
With a 4% block stone of lazhwar

Gear you Might want
*Best in Slot Uniques*
Debate: This is where most of your leech will come from, you don't necessarily have to get this item because you can just swap spectral throw and GMP and Ice spear for EK, Life Leech and Cyclone But it does mean you will have to curse to get mana leech almost all of the time.

Debate: It gives spell block, max health, ES, Spell dmg, and light res probably the best in slot shield. You don't have to use this as you can just use a Saffell's frame but if you want to have the ability to tank both attacks and your reflect and other spell from monsters then you want this.

Debate: this caps off your spell block and you don't really need the 2% block on the amulet to get maxed off, but if you do get block on amulet, this allows you to automatically be able to drop some of the block nodes off scion tree and still be able to reach 75% block which is the cap and use those points elsewhere.

*what you can use*

Debate: Spell damage Dodge, evasion, 30 movement speed and some life, its not bad.

Debate: it gives leech, Chaos res, and more dmg, its okay, not saying its really recommend though.

Debate: Allows you to take less block nodes because you are only going for spell block and this will push you to 75% spell block without having to really get 49% block chance on tree, and the real reason for max block is to negate most of the reflect and this gives max res which is pretty good, but again leaves you open to normal attacks forcing you to not one to go melee cylcone for some high Hp targets
*Not showing off saffell's frame, or selling as this is the only one I have*

Links

Chest consists: Power charge on Crit, Spectral Throw, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Arc , Cast on Critical Strike, Ice Spear *You can play around with these links*

Single Target swap: Cyclone, Power charge on Crit, Ethereal Knives, Cold Snap *or Arctic Breath*, Arc, Cast on Critical Strike.

4-Linked Item 1: Spectral throw, Warlord's Mark, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Curse on Hit.

4-Linked Item 2: Cast when damage Taken *lvl 7*, Enduring Cry *lvl 9*, Immortal Call *lvl 8, Increased duration.

4-Linked Item 3: Tempest shield, Herald Ice, Reduced Mana, Last link is up to you but I would usually recommend Grace or a Purity.

The last 2 on the 3 links will usually be a movement skill either whirling blades or Lightning warp with blood magic, really depends on your taste and swap gems

Pots
Pretty much up to you but definately want an anti bleed and a surgeons

What I am currently wearing

*Off Hand leveling Gems*

*Subject to Change*

Computer not good enough???
Well you can edit your file to lower PoE's graphically settings first you must go to Your documents, then My Games, then to Path of exile, find the file called production_Config and when you open it find

adapter_name="Your Graphics card"
antialias_mode=2
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
fullscreen=false
post_processing=false
resolution_height=1080
resolution_width=1920
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=16
texture_quality=0
vsync=false

Now where you see texture_filtering=16, you can change it from 0-16 I believe, 0 = Clay mode, literally no features at all, 8 = some features but yeah you get the jiff, config this until you don't find yourself lagging much. This will also help save you from things such as freezing after attacking into a large pack, etc. all the stuff I have there are what my settings are at so it might look a little different for you.
Last edited by TempoTune on Oct 13, 2014, 8:19:32 PM
If there is anything you want to know or think I should add then don't be afraid to put it down here.
"

Debate: It gives spell block, max health, ES, Spell dmg, and light res probably the best in slot shield. You don't have to use this as you can just use a Saffell's frame but if you want to have the ability to tank both attacks and your reflect and other spell from monsters then you want this.

That is a sick shield.
xleaf is my hero
"
"

That is a sick shield.

Yeah i see that its swapping so ill just take out my items before I post or else that will happen everytime I swap lol, thanks for pointing that out
Last edited by TempoTune on Oct 12, 2014, 12:26:58 PM
Got new items :D and also changed pots
Where is it stated that you got carried thru merciless by a crit -gmp fireBALLER? d o n e
"
scarynoob wrote:
Where is it stated that you got carried thru merciless by a crit -gmp fireBALLER? d o n e

When did that ever happen? I remember carrying a fireballer though maps 2 player hp solo
even scion has a coc Kreygasm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info