Possibly insane sweep templar theory *Need help!*

First of all, the Passive-Skill-Tree:

The idea behind the build is to use sweep to hit a large pack of monsters and ignite them while you're at it. My initial idea was to create some sort of melee-burning-dischargeish character to hit the monsters once and burn them to the ground.

The main skill would be Sweep linked with Added Fire Damage, Chance to Ignite, Increased Burning Damage, Elemental proliferation.

The auras would be Hatred, Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash.

The must have Unique Item for this build is the Pyre, Sapphire Ring so 100% of your cold damage that you would get from Hatred and Herald of Ice gets turned into fire damage.

Helping Oak in Normal, Kraityn in Cruel, Oak in Merciless should boost the defence of the build by generating Endurance Charges and popping Immortal Call. The 31% chance to block with staves should also help a little.

Must have items: Any-5-Link-item & Pyre, Sapphire Ring

The questions are:
- If I would get the Avatar of Fire keystone passive, Will the 100% damage conversion of Pyre be ignored or will it somehow synergize?
- Since I don't get alot of physical damage, Should I Replace Added Fire Damage with Multistrike/Faster Attacks?
- The build uses 3 auras and I was wondering, Would I have any mana issues? Replace Added Fire Damage with Bloodmagic?
- 31% Chance to block is pretty damn low compared to the current 75% chance to block builds. Should I Drop the Block nodes and go for something else? (Or nothing at all since the build uses too many points anyway. :P)

Thanx in advance!
kekw
1. Avatar of Fire will provide no beneifts in conjunction the Pyre. However you can use Cold to Fire + Avatar of Fire and not use Pyre at all, allowing you to not have the problem of bodies being destroyed.

2. If you are focusing on burn damage then you should try to maximize the damage you do in a single hit, so Added Fire Damage should be better.

3. IDK

4. I think that some block is better than no block, but it is really up to you.
You could try a crit build to help ignite the mobs, Serpent Stance, Pure Brutality and Blunt Trauma are only a few points away. 15 points changed on your build and you can get all three plus Blast Radius.
Last edited by Wiseblood73 on Oct 19, 2014, 12:04:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info