MajorAsshole's Leech Incinerate (6-10.3k Tooltip / 100-150k DPS) using Apep's and Cherrubim's.

Seeing as I got a lot of comments and questions about my build during my master grind I figured I'd make a guide. I have been playing Incinerate for a long time now and my builds always seem to differ a bit from the rest so hopefully it's a different take on what's out there.

Pros:
  • High DPS.
  • High Survivability.
  • Cheap early game.
  • Very strong solo build.

Cons:
  • Stationary in nature.
  • Low armor.
  • Extremely vulnerable to high damage Corrupting Blood.
  • Not ideal in fast paced party play.

Videos

Did a quick and dirty Atziri run and exported it though Twitch so the quality is kinda horrible but at least it's something to see how it plays. (I'm not focused at all and play kinda poorly as well.)

http://youtu.be/BUawUdJe_q0

Much better quality VoD:
http://www.twitch.tv/redblade_/c/5257086

DPS Screens

GMP: 24,1k DPS / Projectile for 120,6k total DPS.

LMP: 33,1k DPS / Projectile for 99,5k total DPS.

GMP + Frenzy: 25,7k DPS / Projectile for 128,6k total DPS.

LMP + Frenzy: 36,1k DPS / Projectile for 108,5k total DPS.

GMP + Frenzy + Vaal Haste: 30,2k DPS / Projectile for 151,3k total DPS.

LMP + Frenzy + Vaal Haste: 41,4k DPS / Projectile for 124,4k total DPS.

Defenses

My defenses screenshot:

On top of this I also run a level 20 Arctic Armor and a Cast when Damage Taken(7) setup with Enduring Cry(9), Immortal Call(8) and Increased Duration(20).

Gear

The build is based around using these items, none of them are required for the build to function but Rathpith and Rainbowstride is my chosen way to acquire spell block. Apep's adds mountains of DPS and synergizes with Chrrubim's that in turn synergizes with using Life Leech. Rumi's is used to cap block and spell block in high damage situations while providing armor.

The rest of my gear is focused on getting the resists required and as much life, mana regen, armor as possible. Any cast speed or spell damage on gear is purely a bonus.

These are the flasks I use and each roll is highly recommended with the Quicksilver being optional.

Still adding quality to some gems and trying to aquire level 21 added chaos/cold. Only really required gem to quality though is Incinerate it self as you will need the projectile speed.

Links

5/6L: Incinerate - GMP/LMP - Spell Echo - Added Chaos - Life Leech (- Added Cold)
4L: CwDT(7) - Enduring Cry(9) - Immortal Call(8) - Increased Duration(20)
3L: Clarity - Discipline - Reduced Mana
3L: Herald of Ice - Empower - Reduced Mana
2L: Vaal Haste - Increased Duration
Other: Arctic Armor, Blood Rage, Smoke Mine, Elemental Weakness, Bone offering (To clear corpses).

GMP vs LMP:
This one is mostly down to personal preference, I go with GMP in most cases, but I'd recommend leveling both up. GMP will work best in maps as ranged monsters tend to spread out and with GMP you generally cover most if not all of them in one go. LMP will be better in single target situations where you can't be right up in the targets face. Either way there is no right and wrong but down to how you play the game and feel works best.

Why added cold and not faster casting?:
For a few reasons. Mana is hard to sustain as is and the build has more than enough cast speed. Green is just easier to roll as the 6th socket. Most of all though it offers great versatility as you can use Mana Leech, Blind, Culling Strike, Faster Projectiles and added cold all depending on your needs.

Blood Rage?:
With enough chaos resistance it's free DPS so why not...

Bandits

Kill all in all difficulties.

It's not wrong to take the life from Oak in normal but as the build requires a lot of points I feel it's more beneficial to have the passive early on with the option to go back and change it later, when 20 regrets isn't a big deal, if necessary. For the same reason I skip the 4% cast speed, it only offers 1% over a passive and for pure min/maxing it can be changed at 95+.

The build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQ6QIHpY-m_rMC40SrVytJslWuvYIsnG0ZES0I9C2LfIPAVB_HzfpqQ7zquJNrFzLR6-6VIEVHmuAo-tWBLR_B87UERZ2Cx4VtTLOCHqKjXcbkIlNS-egk2CsNBAfbC3_G3fNG1xpsQkvr5IPbEZYvnWBtFm-FxV8qVcYOSAceFvOdgCSq3746WOOEXfKVLiY8gzjdBTbpNj3w1RRN42r60m1snapJUQSzogB-4rVIYqxsjPAfAnGAVqmVBiO0xU99H0EegVFgAx5LjRa__xwmlWHiVUuMNnOzB2Pwa8u9Fec=

This is at 95, due to mana issues I currently have 2 points in 'Soul Siphon' (Shadow) and 1 point in 3% reduced mana (Templar) that I'm looking to move in a level or two and take the whole 'Sovereignty' wheel. There are other options as well that I might try, other than those 3 points it's the most optimal version. The cast speed in Shadow is the first place to cut points if you need to compromise.

Leveling

Grab Freezing Pulse and Ice Nova until you get LMP and then start incinerating, pick up EB as soon as you got enough ES on your gear that it makes a difference or when you can use Discipline. If you get a Cybil's for leveling forget about the Life Leech gem until you go Apep's, if not use it as soon as you can as it's a great survivability addition.

After this point you fill up with the missing block/mana regen node and spell damage/cast speed depending on what you feel is needed and you can sustain. You also have to respec out of 1 node once you got the second path from Witch start done.

Map Mods

Blood Magic:
Is totally doable as your auras are used for mana regen anyway, you do lose AA as defense and Heral of Ice for damage, but other than that it's no problems to run it.

Half-regen:
Is doable if you have a 6L and can swap in Mana Leech, again you lose AA for defense though. (It is possible to run even without a 6L by swapping Life Leech for Blood Magic and equipping a Cybil's Paw, it's not recommended and should only be done if you really have to run the map)

No-regen:
I generally avoid this one even if it's theoretically possible to run it with a 6L and Mana Leech.

Hopefully that covers most of it, feel free to ask any questions or point out what's missing if any. I'll revisit and polish if needed.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Oct 9, 2014, 12:20:39 PM
Nice build guide definitely one of the best incinerator's I know always trying new stuff best of luck on uber!
Added map mod section.

Added a video of an Atziri run to show how it plays, quality and game play is both bad but it shows some game play.

Edit: Added the VoD which is much better quality.

Last edited by Redblade on Oct 8, 2014, 7:44:40 AM
Did a final pass on it and added per projectile and total DPS for each screen, can't think of anything else that's missing now so unless something is pointed out I'd consider it final.

Very interesting (and cool) build - have you considered an RF variant to scale chaos as high as possible through the spelldam boost? You're near to some key nodes for it. Also a couple of elreon rings could really help out with mana issues.
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Oct 9, 2014, 1:14:15 PM
Yeah I tried it before the league and considered it for this but the way the build started (Max block without Rumi's) didn't leave enough points for it. As the build progressed to where it is now I think it's going to be to big of a sacrifice to get the necessary nodes for it.

I buy any Elreon ring worth using but still no dice on the augment, if only I could craft the mod on to my ring that's missing a prefix...one can dream I guess. Hopefully grabbing the full 'Sovereignty' wheel will take care of the regen issues while allowing another aura to be run.

How woud u modify ur build for HC/Beyond league? I suppose cutting some Castspeed for additional lifenodes liek the scionwheel woud be the way to go, but im not sure if cherbubims offers enough defense to survive bad block RNG
Probably wouldn't change much at all tbh. Playing to 95 I only died once that wasn't me playing recklessly while doing Atziri or leroying in to -max extra damage Megaera (survived longer than I thought I would though) was courtyard bosses, there was a necro in the room cursing me just as the fire guy jumped on to me and one-shot me due to lowered resists.

You could drop some cast speed and go down the 6 points to 'Combat Stamina' for the armor increase or go 'Melding' for more life/mana. You're also close to more block nodes on both sides if you don't have Rumi's and want to get more base block.

Edit: Actually I died once more that wasn't me being reckless, Porjoy's corrupting blood rare, died in less than a second so if you ever run that watch out as the extra damage scaling make CB insane. Might survive it better now as it was at 85 or something but still caution is advised.

Last edited by Redblade on Oct 13, 2014, 5:22:12 PM
can you explain why you use added cold instead of added lightning or faster casting?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info