Hyaon's Reave by Onin

"
smexylolrus wrote:
Looks like an interesting build.
Out of Alpha or Devoto's Devotion which one would you pick?
Definitely Alpha's. It just has a lot more bonuses.
You should consider getting Unnatural Calm, the max ES notable at witch, that gives +1 to max lightning res. Great synergy with reflect handling and Coil.

Put together a quick character with the first items I could find in stash, on a character without +1 frenzy charge from Merciless Bandits, achieved 13k dps with more defensive stats, less offense.

Level 20 Wrath, though. And both of my Hyaons are almost perfect, and using a Vertex instead of the Geofris.
I decided to invest in a Doryanni's Catalyst, and the results are pretty sweet.

1. Tooltip lies. It says DPS goes down, but there's no way that's true.
2. Attack speed stays constant.
3. Lightning damage per hit increases from 5,3k tops to 6,3k tops (+500 average damage per attack, without frenzy charges.)
4. +1% elemental leech, -6% extra damage taken per frenzy charge.

It's both better DPS and more safety, makes it a really solid item. A bit more pricey than a Hyaon's, but worth it.
Cool build. I have two Hyaons I might like to use. I was thinking of going shadow CI,crit, with Incandesant heart, and eva/es shield, using spec throw/reave. Oh ya and also use my new Thunderfist gloves too!
Last edited by Rorshax on Oct 9, 2014, 2:19:39 PM
I went and recorded a simple clear of a Plateau map, to fulfill all these desperate requests.

I'll see about getting an Atziri run recorded some time.
Last edited by 0nin on Oct 12, 2014, 2:20:24 PM
Updated with a new gear set. It'd be pretty difficult to find upgrades to this gear set, aside from a perfect Hyaon's. It's hard to find jewelry that fits this niche perfectly.
i was thinkng about using a dagger with high lightning damage for this build, using ci and crit, do u think its viable? i designed this tree :

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAtDj79ZeXRXyMNuUZfjOkkROecFKJ03DVXfK1SPPqKgsRL-tjmZorCrb3Fr8Pq21suXyMC-ywNj1jQw5I9vxHBvLhpzR94yzhrGa5Pth2Bx4RlklR8NWVLpoTcFaQG9vUd_1R2bCS_5MFfen-LVXQCWXxIQMi6kvEwQD1S746EHvbGud0VmMV14auLL_BxX_GbRki9GwLDY0c3KcrNbkRUB1PS64bJdlb6QINfOq6tAyTJ0mx18_5N--ILR8fAgQHTLN2EeTsMjQQWH6vEQ_bXlAw3YzZX-ASjRkvb9kTcLvsGF9q2-fo1g==
UPDATE!

As you might imagine, Herald of Thunder is a great skill for this build. To accommodate for it, I made the following changes:

-Discharge
-Faster Attacks -Culling Strike

+Herald of Thunder/Reduced Mana/Curse On Hit/Conductivity

I gave up the mobility and utility of Leap Slam to make room for Herald of Thunder, but I made it serve two functions. Firstly, the bonus damage is significant, and the uptime is pretty much permanent in maps. Secondly, it curses the entire screen with zero effort put in. It's wonderful.

The only downside to CoH Conductivity is that it doesn't work on single boss fights, i.e. Atziri and her trio. But you're already switching around your gem set to accommodate self-cast EC/IC and stuff like that, so that's nothing new.
Conductivity is too good to pass up. Corrupting +1 curse is very unlikely. So if you want to run Poacher's Mark, you'd need to use Windscream and drop Clarity, and I feel like Blood Dance just offers better stats than Windscream.
If I didn't miscount, you have about 500% increased lightning/elemental/WED damage just from tree, belt and offhand.

3-5 frenzy charges add 36-60%, a total damage increase of about 7-12% damage per hit (and some attackspeed)?
Why don't you just ignore frenzy charges? They don't really seem "worth it".

This would
a) save 3-4 points (shadow frenzy charge: 3 points, + merciless bandit point)
b) let you take less damage
c) open up the boot slot for something more defensive (life+resists or another unique, Atziri step or rainbowstrides or whatever)

---

Also the build looks very "squishy".
You have Life<4k, no block, no Acro, the only serious line of defense is Lightning Coil.
For a melee, I'd tank up a bit more.
Even in this very easy plateau map, you actually take substantial damage.

---

You have such high elemental damage modifiers, I think using Anger as well could greatly benefit your DpS.

---

A lightning leech corrupted amulet would be nice for you.

---

I played a very similar Hyaon's Fury witch in the last league, same skill, but with Aegis Aurora.
Skilltree is not updated, but maybe you'll find some ideas in there.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info