Work in progress [2h Mace, Ground Slam] (lvl77)

Updated for lvl, 77)

My end goal is to be able to keep up with and compete against a freeze pulse witch on maps.
So far I feel my goal is obtainable but i can't give up on trying to improve!

So far the build is strong. Now with unwavering stance I can ground slam until everything is dead and i just leech life off them. Began farming maps a lot now.

Bandit_Choices
Normal = Help Oak
Cruel = Help Oak
Merciless = Kill All
I decided against the endurance charge in favor of an additional passive point. Honestly if i wanted another endurance charge I can get it via the passive tree at any point.

For my planned build I'm going for high two handed mace damage. Life nodes that are accessible along the way and all the damage nodes that compliment the build properly. I'm only getting attack speed nodes that also have other benefits such as increased physical damage.

The build is getting a bit more tight. I've figured it till take me to 86-88 to feel i have a 'complete' build rather then the 98 i predicted before. But there is still room for some improvements!

I figured I'd share my opinion on the passive nodes that increase the aoe range of ground slam. So here is what i think as of posting at level 70.
Ground_Slam_AOE_Opinion
Area of effect + Ground Slam(90 degree cone of AOE)

35 = 0% bonus radius
36.4 = 4% +1.4 range
37.8 = 8% +2.8 range
39.2 = 12% +4.2 range
40.6 = 16% +5.6 range
42.0 = 20% +7.0 range

0.35 per percent

20% = +1/5 default ground slam range

(amplify, 2x Area of effect radius, Bloody Bludgeon)

(Amplify + Bloody Bludgeon) without Area of effect radius = 12% increased radius of area skills

So in conclusion You don't necessarily need the 2x AoE-radius nodes but they do add 2.8 more range. This might just be the difference in range they you'll need to hit a target who in running in to hit you at a greater distance.

This also gives you a more fair range when you party with bow and spell users who can hit a longer distance then you by default.

Ground Slam Range Source:http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Area_of_effect#Base_Radius_of_all_Skills

Need to improve the rings with some +#physical dmg & Leech Life!. Amulet works and gives me big life and the dex/int i require for gems. Loveing this piledriver, Working towards higher level weapon master so i can put 40-49% physical damage increase on it.
Got a decent enough helm, and gave my chest some max health bonus.
Current_Gear

Please only post if you have something meaningful to say. Thank you for taking time to read this.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Oct 11, 2014, 6:05:44 PM
Here is a video of me taking on two brutus on a level 66 map.
I'm using (18.5k dps) Heavy Strike + Multistrike + Faster Attacks + increased melee damage
Arua's are Herald of ash + Determination + reduced mana
Not the best but I'm still proud!

I'd like to note that when I ran in at first I forgot that it was a twin boss map!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIEmoJGNAEY

Short video, it's worth a watch. ;)
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Oct 11, 2014, 6:24:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info