Snobs the way of life...

So there are three types of wealthily individuals, those that acquire wealth through hard work, talent and luck. So out of the three the "luck," ones is what we call new money. I have yet to meet anyone that is considered new money to be anything, but trash.

I'll give you an example, I just finished painting my house and I had to rush to get a gift for my close friend. Miracle Mile, in Coral Gables, has an area where you can shop at expensive brand named stores. Salvatore Ferragamo, Prada, Jimmy Choo, St Jhon... etc... Well went into Neiman Marcus, everyone ignored me. Didn't really care, majority of their employees are on commission (tough job) besides I looked horrible. Ripped pants with paint etc... This one lady came up to me she was so nice, helped me out and everything.

Well as I was checking out, three girls behind me whispered, "he can afford that." The lady that helped me heard them too, nodded her head in dismay. I ignored it, until... I heard.

"Ugh what's taking so long."

...I snapped.

"excuse me?"

They ignored me...

So I did what every fucking troll does took my sweet time... I spoke to the lady, "actually since I'm here I was wondering if you could help me with something else." The Lady was in on it too, "do you mind if I ring the ladies behind you?"

"I do mind,.." In the end bought a shirt for myself, beside the gift. But I made sure to take my sweet ass time. The lady didn't mind... We joked about it and till today she's my personal shopper.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I don't know where you get this stuff. New Money means you made it yourself and didn't inherit an empire or a trust fund. If you made it in your life time its New Money.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
I don't know where you get this stuff. New Money means you made it yourself and didn't inherit an empire or a trust fund. If you made it in your life time its New Money.

Best example I can give,"sir your great great grand Alberto, left you an inheritance."

"Never knew I had a great great grand..."

"Three oils rigs, 1000 acres of land, stocks... Estimated value 300 million..."

"Wtf!!! So I'm going from eating ketchup with rice to that $300 gold burger in NYC?"

The End

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
As much as it pains me, the Wretch is right.

New money is money that is earned by the first generation. (not counting lottery winners) They tend to be hard workers with a strong ethic.

As the generations get farther from the original source, the worst the children tend to be having never known want or being told no.

Now there is another group you left out. Gold diggers. Marrying into money as a means of social climbing. These people tend to look down on others. At least from my experience.
"
Moonyu wrote:

New money is money that is earned by the first generation. (not counting lottery winners) They tend to be hard workers with a strong ethic.

As the generations get farther from the original source, the worst the children tend to be having never known want or being told no.

Now there is another group you left out. Gold diggers. Marrying into money as a means of social climbing. These people tend to look down on others. At least from my experience.

Hard workers with strong ethic... Far from it. ^.^ Just look up wiki I guess? I don't want to be rude or a smart ass, but the example I gave was very relevant.

"
solwitch wrote:
"
Moonyu wrote:

Hard workers with strong ethic... Far from it. ^.^ Just look up wiki I guess? I don't want to be rude or a smart ass, but the example I gave was very relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Money

Nope, not even a little.
"
Moonyu wrote:

"
Moonyu wrote:

"
Moonyu wrote:

new Sig?

Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 1, 2014, 8:02:30 PM
I don't know what you're doing. Shopping in Neiman Marcus looking all grubbed out and expecting to have folks treat you like you have money... You're probably lucky you didn't have security following you everywhere.

New money is self made.

Inherited money is old money.

Having money drop in your lap from places you never heard of is so rare as to not qualify for a title.
"
HermitDragon wrote:
I don't know what you're doing. Shopping in Neiman Marcus looking all grubbed out and expecting to have folks treat you like you have money... You're probably lucky you didn't have security following you everywhere.

I worked at a Polo Ralph Lauren shop in my 20's and honestly he's lucky they didn't ask him to leave.

Edit: If any of that it true, at all.
Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 1, 2014, 9:00:58 PM
Just admit you're wrong... Some peoples egos... Except defeat, tail between your legs :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info