New build consist of IR | EB | and use of BM's in conjunction with High minion life.
I will not be updating this guide any longer. Please direct your questions to the new thread, thank you.
So you wanna play the game without playing the game? Welcome to the Full Summoner Build. My play style consist of doing nothing and gaining eveything. I spend most of the time staring at the ground looking for items while my minions do all the work. Good luck and AFK always (while sipping tea of course) =P.
This build focuses on reviving certain very op spectre's in the game that absolutely wreck everything in their path. They are supported by a Tanky front time that deal tremendous damage when they explode with Minion Instability.
* Am gonna do a show casing of various mobs you can spectre
- Being able to summon up to 4 very powerful spectre's that do unmatched dps
- Your character will be quite Tanky (should reach 4k+ HP around level 80, with hp gear)
- Able to summon up to 10 zombies
- Able to summon up to 16 skeletons
- Minion Instability (Will bomb mobs for a lot of damage)
- Being able to stack auras (5-10 of them) depending on build
- EB Gives Plenty of Mana Regen (No need for mana pots here)
- Arc + Elemental Proliferation for shock stacking groups for 40-80-120% more damage
- 2+ Curses (depending if you choose to use Doedre's Damning )
- Rough start lvls 1-40
- requires a "startup" time when you grab the spectre's you want
- Minion builds are weak to strong AOE
- Re-summoning the spectre you want can be a pain in the ass.
- Requires a line of your inventory for switching out support gems (inc case spectres die and they will)
Normal: Kill All
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All
* 40 hp from normal oak is an option that you can take
Early level Pointers
The early levels for a summoner levels 1-40 are very rough and slow.
- Some spell
- skeleton totem for bosses
- Rushing to MI Asap
Hang in there fellow summoners, it only gets better with levels
Points of interest (why i choose the nodes i did)
Eldrich Battery vs. Energy Shield
Having eldrich battery is superior in my opinion
- no longer have mana and mana regen problems (not held down by resource spending)
- able to stack 5-10 auras(with reduced mana reserve)
- aura stacking makes your army very strong Auras affect is multiplied by every minion in your army
- able to use midnight's bargain
- lose access to Chaos Inoc
- lose energy shield(tankiness)
Why spec so much just for dual curses?
Now some of you may be wondering why u should sacrifice defensive nodes for this well...
- One of the other ways to buff minion dps is through curses
Why dual totems is a bad idea (personal opinion)
- Your gonna waste like 9-12 nodes (whatever pathing) for something that a faster casting skele can acheive
- some of you may want to have a damaging totem this is understandable but your minions will far out damage whatever spells u want to cast
- When it comes to increasing your dps beyond dual curses add in a healthy dose of shock stacking (each stack makes the enemy take 40%-80%-120% more damage)
- What you do is pick up a high spell dmg shield(so your caster spectre deals more dmg)
- I would not pick this up if you can't cap your resist without a shield or you fear death, its pretty risky
- I noticed high level aura gems still does not give good enough coverage. These aura range nodes helps cover your entire army during the whole fight which increases the efficiency of your aura stacking.
+2 Minion helm
IIR stacking uniques:
Essential stats for items(In list of importance)
* my prefered armor type is armor/es hybrids
1. Resist (of every kind + chaos resist)
2. Flat/percentile armor/energy shield stat
5. Max Mana
6. Mana Regen
Zombies +2 minion helm
Added Fire - Elemental Proliferation - Chance to Ignite
[Role: AOE burn damage, tank]
Every melee attack will ignite enemies with burn for 4/3 of that melee damage
Zombies explosion triggers ignite and ele pro which burns for 4/3 of 33% of zombie hp in an aoe
Temporal chain boosts that to 8/3 [factor in minion dmg nodes, shock charge, elemental pro, flammability] its 8/3 of explosion * all those multipliers
~ anything that is not tanky and is melee.
* what support gems to link before raising(in list of importance) + some tips and pointers
* Use increased rarity gem for farming
* Add minion health and/or life leach if you want your spectres to tank
These guys are quite fragile and will need constant potting from you. Their projectiles 100% pierce and hit about 2-3 screens away. GMP'ed one will give great aoe coverage.
Burned Miscreation [Framerate drop factor: None]
* under construction needs more testing
1. Raise Spectre
They cast unrighteous fire which is different then righteous fire. They do not deal damage to them selves and it seems to deal a percentage based damage. With elemental weakness things die VERY fast and another flammability curse means things die almost instantly. Their damaging aura can go through some walls.
They cast channeled lightning and combined with faster casting and haste they cast VERY fast. So fast it can virtually stun lock white mobs. They have an energy shield and are quite tanky. They can also spread shock charges. With chain their spell range is quite far hitting things off screen.
~ Cinder Elementals [Framerate drop factor: Low]
1. Raise Spectre
3. Minion Damage
4. Minion Health
6. Life Leach
The rolling fire golems. There AOE after they roll is extremly strong capable of koing my 18203 life zombies. Mutlistrike makes them roll 3 times giving great aoe coverage. They are also naturally tanky
*section constantly under contruction*
Tips and Tricks
Heres a tip to fighting piety on all difficulties. Open a portal. Summon all zombies and spectre , run in than skeleton totem. Cast elemental weakness. She will blow up your minions really fast dealing tremendous damage. When most or all of your zombies die portal out gather more minions near another way point and repeat till dead.
This method is usually very safe since at the slightest chance of danger u portal out.
Oak was actually harder then piety for me. Kill all the mobs around him then portal out. Come back with your full army then curse him and lay down a skeleton totem. Proceed to run around in circles like a chicken to prevent him from killing you with his leap slam. Eventually you will prevail. Keep re-summoning totems as he kills them.
How to draw agroo off initially since your army "follows"
Your army trails behind you as you move which puts your character in a lot of danger
- skele-totem moving. Every so often cast a totem at the edge of the screen in front of you they should start attracting agroo as you move in to better position the rest of your army
- The back-track. Once you see a mobs in front of you quickly run to the back of your army the mobs should deagroo on you and go after your minions.
Cheating more sockets out
Found a way to cheat yourself more socket space
Since zombies/spectre use the support gems the moment they are raised, this means you can remove all but the zombie/spectre gem and put other gems in there.
For example I have a 5 linked chest
I summon the spectres with support gems in them
I can now take those support gems off b/c the spectre that was raised is already enhanced by supports as long as the spectre gem is inside your socket the spectre will remain
I can now put in any kind of skills gems/auras/whatever gems you want.
I only advise you to do this with spectre as a good one can last a while. You can do this with the zombie gem too but they need to be constantly replaced so it will be a hassle.
How to run Maps as a summoner
How to be more versatile at maps
Lets face it your spectre that you brought in will most likely die. Some freak aoe or gap-closing melees will tear your poor spectre a new one.
How do you deal with your spectre being killed? Bring different support gems and a linked gear on switch depending on the situation. For example see a arc mage in a Map? switch out to chain, faster casting, minion damage. See a burning miscreation? switch to increased area range, minion life, minion damage. See a snake/archer on the map? Switch to faster attack, minion damage, GMP.
You get the drift. Spectre are extremely versatile use them to your advantage.
I often hear people complaining how useless spectres are end game. But this is not the case, those people bring in mobs from non-map areas into the Maps they run and expect them to survive. The spectre inside the maps have better base stats and you can "build" the optimal spectre with what mobs you have and the extra support gems in your inventory.
What this build brings to a Map Party
People don't like to bring summoners into their party and am at a wonder why not.
1. We draw off agroo and were a good tank for dpsers.
2. We can carry many auras
3. provide constantly shock debuffing.
4. Your minions with the right support gem linked will do a ton of damage. Especially a linked spectre. Not to mention the giant nuke when your minion explode with MI.
Monsters to watch out for as a summoner
Cinder Elemental - the burning roll will annihilate your minions
Undying Incinerator - The burning trap is almost an insta kill for your minions
Undying alchemist - kills your minions if they remain in the cloud
Am taking static blows away from my core build. There really is no point to casting arc when your spectres rape things before you even hit your arc button lmao... Also you have to keep up with arc damage to even have a decent shock duration its a useless waste of mana when you could just grab those arc mages and spectre them. Your access mana will be used to curse and lay conversion traps down. Btw am using