Hit a wall! Help please!

Well I definitely hit a wall last night. Act 1 Merciless, killed Brutus but now it's getting super tough.

I found this build that is similar to my setup in a way, but passives seem way off. I'm far far far away from Iron Reflexes.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/937698

Anyways, I'm mainly using Searing Bond + Leap Slam with Firestorm connect CoMK, not working great honestly. I also have molten strike as a huge dps, I got an awesome mallet a while back with tons of ele damage so I was just kind of going with that.

Anyways, I'm getting torn up by rare mobs, like rare boxes will do me in, even some of the masters missions are really really tough. I even use purity of elements aura, my resists are pretty decent. Around ~20 for cold/fire and ~45 for lightning. I could use any help in respeccing, I have at least 8 refund points if not more. Just got elemental equilibrium but that might have been a mistake... I don't know I'm kind of overwhelmed right now so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Maybe my flasks are a bad setup? Thanks in advance!

Here's my setup:

Last edited by Heaviest_Flow on Sep 30, 2014, 2:14:34 PM
Most of you gear is unfocused and has very poorly rolled mods. The biggest mistake most players make when they hit a wall is running an unfocused build. You need to choose!

Molten strike converts 60% of your physical damage to fire AND increases you physical damage, but you don't have much physical, but instead other "fluff" elemental damage. Get a weapon with higher physical damage and a bit of fire damage. Are you a self-found player? Else, a Kaom's Primacy [http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaom's_Primacy] is recommended. You can get it by trading or finding it.

Most of your armor should also be replaced with more focused, higher rolls ... Especially life rolls at least 50+. Get resist rings instead of rarity.

I don't have much time to help you further currently, may edit this post with more details later :)
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Oct 1, 2014, 7:09:59 AM
"
Most of you gear is unfocused and has very poorly rolled mods. The biggest mistake most players make when they hit a wall is running an unfocused build. You need to choose!

Molten strike converts 60% of your physical damage to fire AND increases you physical damage, but you don't have much physical, but instead other "fluff" elemental damage. Get a weapon with higher physical damage and a bit of fire damage. Are you a self-found player? Else, a Kaom's Primacy [http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaom's_Primacy] is recommended. You can get it by trading or finding it.

Most of your armor should also be replaced with more focused, higher rolls ... Especially life rolls at least 50+. Get resist rings instead of rarity.

I don't have much time to help you further currently, may edit this post with more details later :)

Thanks for the advice! Yeah...I tried converting my build into that one I linked but it will take 47 respec points...no dice.

I went too heavy on INT I believe, I'm going to roll a new character most likely, and can use this one to farm act 1 merciless at least.

This time I'm going to follow a build from the start, probably going to make a scion or witch. The teleporting on damage incinerating scion build sounded a lot of fun when I read about it.

Yeah my damage is really lacking now, trying to go with Ground Slam + CoMK + firestorm + Iron Will
Then I cast flammability and warlord's mark and spam GS on groups.
I've got Heavy Strike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Fire + Multistrike for boss killing.

The GS isn't doing enough damage though, basically the idea is to proc the FS in huge waves, works well when my GS can do enough damage. I considered switching iron will out for multistrike to help.

Maybe it is time for more physical damage, I got really lucky on the weapon I have. See, the issue is every time I swap it with a stronger one my DPS on my char sheet drops at least 100 points, same for my tooltips. Should I ignore this since a lot of it is elemental damage?
Last edited by Heaviest_Flow on Oct 1, 2014, 1:02:09 PM
"
Heaviest_Flow wrote:
"

Thanks for the advice! Yeah...I tried converting my build into that one I linked but it will take 47 respec points...no dice.

Maybe it is time for more physical damage, I got really lucky on the weapon I have. See, the issue is every time I swap it with a stronger one my DPS on my char sheet drops at least 100 points, same for my tooltips. Should I ignore this since a lot of it is elemental damage?

If it's mostly elemental damage I'd recommend ignoring it, because abilities only scale physical. Rerolling is recommended. Believe me, you're gonna do it a lot :)
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Oct 3, 2014, 4:02:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info