What is Atziri's Elemental resistance?

Subj. According to wiki, "of Elemental Resistance" suffix gives 40% ele resist. Is that exactly what Atziri has on her? If not, did anybody data-mine her actual resists?

UPD: I'll reword it, as the question is apparently confusing. I merely ask whether Atziri has 40% resist to elements, or 75% (or 150%, which is the same for me, as I won't use curses and/or Elemental Equilibrium, only Penetration gem)
Last edited by Self_mad on Sep 29, 2014, 5:33:10 PM
"
Self_mad wrote:
Subj. According to wiki, "of Elemental Resistance" suffix gives 40% ele resist. Is that exactly what Atziri has on her? If not, did anybody data-mine her actual resists?

how does it matter if she resists to damage of all elements equally?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
There's a big difference between 150% and 75% when it comes to Curses and EE.
"
geradon wrote:
"
Self_mad wrote:

how does it matter if she resists to damage of all elements equally?

It matters for checking which option for third gem in Storm Call-Life Leech-X in Mjolner is better — second copy of the spell or lightning penetration. If her effective resist is 75% (no matter what nominal for that matter, so no, I'm not talking about curses and/or EE), lightning pene rises damage from 25% to 60%, which is 140% multiplicative increase, so consistency aside, it is a better option. If her effective resist is 40%, pene rises damage from 60% to 95%, which is around 58% multiplicative increase, much worse than 100% from additional gem.

I asked this on forum, because both options are something I level offhand, as a replacement for double arc (which is a bad option against Atziri due to reflect instance of her). It would be pity if I levelled Storm Call and Lightning Pene offhand from 1 to 20 only to know that double Storm Call would be a better option.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
There's a big difference between 150% and 75% when it comes to Curses and EE.

Ok, so as far as I understand from that, effective resists of Atziri are all 75% (the only qestion is whether she is overcapped or not, which I understandably don't care about). Do I get it right?
Last edited by Self_mad on Sep 29, 2014, 6:38:10 PM
Bump for science.
run concentrated effect and lightning penetration as supports should do more damage than running two storm call gems. try running life leech at a different skill.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Don't know. Won't know until this game has HP counters above enemies so we can test. Then you could shoot her with a spell and see how much comes off and do the maths.
Git R Dun!
"
geradon wrote:
run concentrated effect and lightning penetration as supports should do more damage than running two storm call gems. try running life leech at a different skill.

I'll run LGoH-MoltenStrike-GMP-Multistrike-FasterAttacks, which gives around 700-1000 life/second. I might opt for turning out RF for additional ~550/sec regen, but then it would be probably better to leave it on and go with leech in Mjolner.

Then, I don't agree on ConcEffect thing. It has 69% multiplier, while other copy of spell is a 100% multiplier, with a bonus of reduced relative variance on top of that.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Don't know. Won't know until this game has HP counters above enemies so we can test. Then you could shoot her with a spell and see how much comes off and do the maths.

You don't need to know life to make the experiment. If you denote N1 a number of hits required to kill her off without pene, N2 a number of hits required to kill her with pene, B your average damage per hit, L her life, R her effective resist, and P your penetration, you have

B*N1*(1-R) = L
B*N2*(1-R+P) = L

A linear system with two variables (R and L; N1 and N2 are measured experimental data here, so they are known) and two equations. Sure, technically it should be a stochastic system, but taking into account the order of magnitude of N1 and N2, you can use expectation of you damage per hit (which is B) and be quite accurate. This way, you would find out both effective resist AND life of Atziri.

The problem here is not the math itself, but the fact that Atziri has no respect for science whatsoever.
Last edited by Self_mad on Oct 1, 2014, 3:50:33 PM
Up, out of curiosity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info