13 fps when in party

Ok! I haven't done much partying in poe. Today i ran a couple of maps with horrible lag.
I found some guides suggesting to lower the texture quality in the config file below the lowest setting you can do ingame. Right now i have all settings turned to lowest ingame.

Is this standard practice when grouping?

I don't have a super computer but it can run moste new games without problems.

Intel Core i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz, 8GB ram, 64-bit opeerating system, SSD HD,
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Last edited by Ruarc on Sep 29, 2014, 6:43:54 AM
Hi Ruarc,

What sot of FPS and latency are you getting when having this trouble? You can push F1 when in-game to see your latency and FPS. This will give us a bit more indication of what the cause might be, thanks.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
Hi Ruarc,

What sot of FPS and latency are you getting when having this trouble? You can push F1 when in-game to see your latency and FPS. This will give us a bit more indication of what the cause might be, thanks.

Latency is around 30, i have a good connection to servers so no problem there.

In groups when there are many mobs and many things happening at the same time the fps goes down to 13, i checked this with F1. I don't have the same problem in solo play.

When soloing its around 50-60 fps.
Last edited by Ruarc on Sep 29, 2014, 9:36:44 AM
What graphics card in particular do you have? 6950 or 6970. I know both are fairly powerful, but the former is clocked at a rather low speed.

I know some games take to graphics cards with higher clock rates better, perhaps PoE is the same with the 6900 series?

I know with my 7770 my fps can spike wildly all over the place at times, but I can run a discharge CoC build fairly comfortably, so it's not too bad unless the maps and parties are insane.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info