1H Sword + Shield Hybrid Tank/Dps

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The idea is to create a tanky melee fighter using Reave while still doing a decent amount of damage. The aura's i use are Hatred/Herald of Ash/Tempest Shield. At the moment i am level 70 with 72% block and 53% spell block and around 15k Reave damage. Using a 5link and a not yet finished skilltree.

Current skill tree (88pts):

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48FCAUUhZvGJEaOCSqJy826DbpOlJHfk99UEdRYFPfVw1Y21nzXz9gS2VNZp5uaXKpdO1673zZfuKAVoTZhO-LT5BVkHSbg57Nn8ugtKcwp4SplayqrK--p8Aaw4bM29Ih42rjn-RR55HnrvMG-tL7qkCghmDvTmFSdn-eVyECfuB7jICKJJv3TYcZbBb8SyftwA_STRku2WFeHwz36dVfyjwtxBXE9ojtG6o=

I still have to pickup + 54% Armour, finish the "Razor's Edge" wheel, pickup 18% attackspeed and pickup the life nodes + the damage node inside the scion life wheel. Im sure that will give me alot more damage.

Finished skill tree (107pts):

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48FCAUUhZvGJEaOCSqJy826DbpOlJHfk99UEdRYFPfVw1Y21nzXz9gS2VNZp5uaXKpdO1673zZfuKAVoTZhO-LT5BVkHSbg57Nn8ugtKcwp4SplayqrK--p8Aaw4bM29Ih42rjn-RR55HnrvMG-tL7qkCghmDvTmFSdn-eVyECfuB7jICKJJv3TYcZbBb8SyftwA_STRku2WFeHwz36dVfyjwtxBXE9ojtG6rYvf4Ktz7GrjGeplc64fJFtfI1kjIJcmxsRqlupBkb-iXfgTptSg==

If you wanna have spell block you need to use these 2 uniques:

You can get a Stone of Lazhawar with 2-4% block or spell block chance. I dont have this yet cause i need the INT to be able to equip the Rainstrike boots.

The links i am using right now:

Spoiler

Helm: CWDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - increased duration

Body: Reave - Multistrike - Melee Damage - Faster Attacks - Added Fire Damage

Gloves: Heavy Strike - Melee Damage - Faster Attacks - Added Fire Damage

Boots: Red Mana - Herald of Ash - Hatred - Tempest Shield

Shield: Vaal Molten Shell - Blood Rage - Life Leech

Weapon: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Vulnerability

If i ever get a 6link i will add 20% Concentrated Effect. That will be a huge damage boost and gives you a -15% reduced mana cost on Reave cause of the quality. Its a blue gem so you can replace it with Increaced Area of Effect or Item Rarity in certain situations.

As you can see i am using Vulnerability as my curse gem. However i rarly use it and when i get to a higher level i will replace it with Temp Chains. Enfeeble is also a option but i just like the fact that the monsters get slowed. Its easy to avoid big hits and leap/run out of though situations.

The reason why i have a Heavy Strike setup is because of reflect rares and totems. Leap in quickly kill the rare or the totem and go back to Reave.
Reave linked to multistrike hits all surrounding targets so its not the best option to quickly kill one target.

I use Blood rage instead of Life Leech cause the skilltree gives you 3.5% life regen and +20% chaos resists and it allows you to use an extra offensive gem in your Reave setup. Just make sure you are around 0 to 20% chaos resists. Which isnt that hard to get cause the skilltree alone will give you 22% all res so its easy to get chaos resists on 2 pieces of gear. At the moment i lose like 2 life per sec when i am using Blood Rage with 8% chaos resists.

You can replace Vaal Molten Shell with Vaal Haste or any other skill if you want. The reason why i have Vaal Molten Shell is because of the strongboxes which give you like a 1-2sec game freeze. I pop my granite flask + Vaal Molten Shell and you wont have any problems.

Offense/defence stats:

Spoiler

Will add screenshots soon.

Offensive:

Spoiler
Damage WITH Blood rage (3 frenzy charges)

Reave: 15.4k

Heavy Strike: 13.9k

Damage without charges:

Reave: 14.3k

Heavy Strike: 12.8k

Defensive:

Spoiler

HP: 4k estimated hp with current gear at finished tree is 5.2k
Armour: 5639
Estimated damage reduction: 47%
Block Chance: 72%
Spell Block Chance: 53%
Fire resist: 76 (115)
Lightning resist: 75(102)
Cold resist: 75(110)
Chaos resist: 8%

My gear:

Spoiler

Price of my gear:

Spoiler

Helm: 10 chaos
Body: 1.5 exalted
Weapon: 2.5 exalted
Shield: 3 chaos
Gloves: 2-3c?
Boots: 12chaos if i remember right
Amulet: 1 alc
Ring 1: 1 chaos
Ring 2: 3 chaos
Belt: 1 alc

I think i got a great deal on the shield. 33% chance to block + decent stats for only 3c.

Bandits:

Spoiler

Normal:

I picked the +40 Life. Either do that or the +1 skill point

Cruel:

I picked up the +8% attackspeed. I just hate slow attacks. Feel free to pick up the +% phy damage if you want.

Merc:

I picked up the +1 skill point. You can choose for the frenzy or endurange charge if you want to. Frenzy charge gives you more attackspeed--> damage while using Blood Rage. Enduring charge for a longer Immortal Call.
Last edited by royvisser1990 on Sep 29, 2014, 4:43:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info