Gem: Firestorm. Looking for (different) setups!

As said in the title I'm looking for different setups for the skillgem firestorm.

Like one for generell map / pack clearing & one for bosses...

At the moment I have a 5L "Pledge Of Hands" as main weapon so I allready have a free Lv. 30 spell echo.

Suggestions, hints, tipps & tricks would be very much appreciated!

HF GL playing and may RNG'ezus be with you! :)

Why slash enemys into piece when you can simply burn them to ash?! :P
"
TheRudeTomato wrote:
As said in the title I'm looking for different setups for the skillgem firestorm.

At the moment I have a 5L "Pledge Of Hands" as main weapon so I allready have a free Lv. 30 spell echo.

I suggest some faster cast to make sure some fire lands asaply,
its hard to kite with firestorm, cast rate helps.

combine firestorm with something to imobilize the mobs so you can
pummel them more before kiting back. maybe temporal chains,
freezing trap, or a spell totem with a proliferating ice attack
(added crit helps)

firestorm does good dps, but it doesn't stop mobs from advancing on you.

decoy totem could prevent you from being the target, allowing you
to pummel them.

some minions might also help distract.
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
"
TheRudeTomato wrote:

I suggest some faster cast to make sure some fire lands asaply,
its hard to kite with firestorm, cast rate helps.

combine firestorm with something to imobilize the mobs so you can
pummel them more before kiting back. maybe temporal chains,
freezing trap, or a spell totem with a proliferating ice attack
(added crit helps)

firestorm does good dps, but it doesn't stop mobs from advancing on you.

decoy totem could prevent you from being the target, allowing you
to pummel them.

some minions might also help distract.

First of all thanks for the major advice! :)

Faster casting makes alot sens, "make dem balls fall faster"... any suggestions about other gems to link firestorm with?

Since I'm not a huge trap fan I guess I will test Temp.Chains or the totem.

Dunno if my tree can help picking up setup gems.
Here it is just to be save!

Skilltree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO1BGBt5CKdgClPGmyDOOw4na4WbxRN73waOKcIJKoEs6IAp4SPRtrdNunwH5BVm6HjasAa99d4L1nzrJgYaqyq8Ww6WHzlcqkzhyftNthVxlgH9zIdvvxLxPZJG4Pb6hgD7mwWPC0qjQQH-OuHGcau7FUfAkyzFHG3PjI0RX6XlQ48A8ZBh_4Kr7cOXFJTn8sGDvno2L2HZWr6PV-X9GP9gsc1km0ZCfYMfbXyCPQQf26qwFTGnl-YakO86lltaxfPMpUgwfOCHtsLAnF0VV8q

Still looking for gems to link with firestorm!
Bump!
Enhance is definitely very useful, Inc. Duration as well but to a much lesser extent, throw in Conc. Effect for some focused area damage. Personally though, I don't like having increased area of effect on Firestorm because they tend to hit the same target less.

If possible, get Q20 Firestorm ASAP.
Last edited by Obscurin on Sep 27, 2014, 11:59:03 PM
im using Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves with temp. chains on hit and its working great. also using 3 dragons and a Q.lightning gem and chance to shock passives and really loving it. with the extra % to duration from passives my shocks lasts long enough to melt shit. also using skully totem for meat shield.

oh and culling also on FS. i had crit on my tree before cause i was making a ice spear build but then changed to FS and did like the crit on FS but it wasn't spectacular and i took it off to test a different build and never put it back on and im not really missing it as of now

"
im using Asenath's Gentle Touch gloves with temp. chains on hit and its working great. also using 3 dragons and a Q.lightning gem and chance to shock passives and really loving it. with the extra % to duration from passives my shocks lasts long enough to melt shit. also using skully totem for meat shield.

oh and culling also on FS. i had crit on my tree before cause i was making a ice spear build but then changed to FS and did like the crit on FS but it wasn't spectacular and i took it off to test a different build and never put it back on and im not really missing it as of now

"
Obscurin wrote:
Enhance is definitely very useful, Inc. Duration as well but to a much lesser extent, throw in Conc. Effect for some focused area damage. Personally though, I don't like having increased area of effect on Firestorm because they tend to hit the same target less.

If possible, get Q20 Firestorm ASAP.

@Banezilla: I was thinking about using these gloves as well but decided not to cuz I would lose way too much life + elemental defense! D:
Allmost the same counts for 3 dragons, nice triple ele.def. but no life... :'(
Besides, since I'm dual cursing (flammability + ele.weakness) I dont think I really would need the shock...?! :o

@Obscurin: Just checked enhance and this one would indeed be a huge upgrade for FS, would need a corrupted one (Lv.4) and this is going to be expensive as f***. But I will definitly keep it in mind for later! Thx for that!
Inc.Duration for more "ball stracking" I guess and Inc. AoE.... maybe as a switchable gem when clearing packs....?!
...good I allready have a lvl 20 / q20 FS by now! :P

And thx again to BOTH of you for the helpfull advice!!!

IF THERE IS MORE ADVICE I WOULD HIGHLY APPREACITE & TAKE IT!!!
*Captain Capslock has spoken! :'D
With The tree dragons, I'd start buying Asenath's gentle touch and corrupting them for an ele. weakness on hit. 4-link and colour with a friendly Vorici and go Arc + Added cold 20% qual / light pen + curse on hit + flammability.

This assuming that a firestorm build gets duration nodes. I'd also get Skittering runes to power up the curses and I'd get freeze related nodes.

Without tree dragons I'd consider getting Soul mantle and letting totems cast Firestorm. I'd likely not get ancestral bond, but use a Taryn's shiver singletarget Ice spear + ele prolif and as much cold dmg. as possible. For antiboss and crowdcontrol in one. Still with the gloves from before.
In the 6-link Soul mantle: FS + faster cast + conc + aoe / added chaos + fire pen + empower.

"
Chiliconkarma wrote:
With The tree dragons, I'd start buying Asenath's gentle touch and corrupting them for an ele. weakness on hit. 4-link and colour with a friendly Vorici and go Arc + Added cold 20% qual / light pen + curse on hit + flammability.

This assuming that a firestorm build gets duration nodes. I'd also get Skittering runes to power up the curses and I'd get freeze related nodes.

Without tree dragons I'd consider getting Soul mantle and letting totems cast Firestorm. I'd likely not get ancestral bond, but use a Taryn's shiver singletarget Ice spear + ele prolif and as much cold dmg. as possible. For antiboss and crowdcontrol in one. Still with the gloves from before.
In the 6-link Soul mantle: FS + faster cast + conc + aoe / added chaos + fire pen + empower.

Sounds interesting but I played a triple incinerate totem build b4 with a very similar playstyle and did not really liked it in the long run.... the clearspeed was sick tho...

I'm not really going to use totems anymore except for maybe a decoy totem (wanna test that one since I'm casting my FS with a 5L Pledge Of Hands to stack FS more easily).

Imo I honestly dont think it is worth the 2 points just to get to Skittering Runes.

But thx alot for sharing ur ideas!!! :)

Bump! Still looking for more advice! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info