Righteous Fire: 85% fire resistance isn't enough

always wanted to try RF, and got a chance when

dropped.

well it seems the shield + Purity Of Fire (low level, so +1 max) still isn't enough - because my life pool still burns down to 1 rather quickly.

I have around 150 life regeneration (a pool of 3.7k) which isn't much, primarily because I rely on leech.

so my question - as a total newbie to the "run around and burn monsters" scene - is what are the "minimal requirements" of constantly running RF?

note the character isn't a "RF build". it's a Wings Of Entropy Cycloner/Dual-Striker.
I'm trying to run RF on swap, for added fun and more gameplay variety with this character.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 27, 2014, 2:11:33 PM
With such low life regen you need tons of fire resistance. I'm not even sure if it's possible at all with your 4% regen.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
75 + 1 (passive tree) + 4 (purity of fire) + 2 (aura effectiveness) + 8 (rise) = 90 fire resist.

rf does 90% of your life so you need 9% life regeneration (you can run vitality so its less on the tree)

(buff effect also increases the damage of righteous fire so spec carefully :P)
4% life regen i mean what did you expect its only 4% u need way more
It's a Spell Damage buff. I'm not entirely sure how it'd be useful on a Cycloner.

Utilising the AoE DoT effect to a noticable degree is a very high investment plan (maintaining RF in general is costly). As a temporary Spell Damage buff, a Ruby Flask gets you a long way.
I've got about 12% regen and 88 fire res and I still burn down (very very slowly though) due to the extra ES on RotP and a 5% increased buff effect node. Righteous Fire is an endgame build, you pretty much need to commit at least 50+ points to health regen and + max fire resist. Using Blood Dance is another method but I'm unfamiliar with that so I can't give any proper advice for it.

Basically with 85% resist you are still burning for ~13% of your life per second so that should be your life regen goal.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Sep 28, 2014, 12:50:22 AM
For Maru - regen is so ez to get now and all nodes buffed to make up for elemental adaptation gone its easier than ever to run RF.

I would check out nifflers RF giude in maru forums. Best DPS and Best life of all guides I read.

If you are not a maru you can run it with as low as 6.3% regen if you have 93% fire resits like me.

Here is my witch tree who runs RF for "more spell damage" buff

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwelCPQMXwx9EFgQfxEPFLAWbxcvGGoaOBynHRQfAiSqJNgnLyftKPosnC7_L28yNDbpOlg8LUGHRZ1JskwtU1JTpVXGVdZXK1gHXypfP2TnZp5nm2pDbBZtGXC7dhF343gvfOV-r4CkghCCHoLHg9uFbYbRhxmIQo9GkFWa4JuhoLSiD6cIp4SsmK4-tz64k7yfvOq9gsAawFTBxcT2xp7GrtWB2L3ZE9rd2wvfit-w42rjn-RR5OzpAuvk6-7sGO8O8wb31_no-tL7qvxL_gr-sw==

93% fire resists is not easy.

Need 23 purity of fire plus many of the increased aura buffs and inner force.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 28, 2014, 1:43:32 AM
Using RF on my CoC build. Ruby Flasks with increased flask effect, flask duration and recharge on crit = RF forever.
With the resist changes RF kind of needs a rework/reduction of damage taken in my opinion. Some nodes that reduce self damage would be interesting too (and would be helpful for RF, Reflect, Blood Rage and the Chaos Aura chest.)

Not to mention that having a skill rely on a specific unique to work decently is bad design.
"
Axarion wrote:
With the resist changes RF kind of needs a rework/reduction of damage taken in my opinion. Some nodes that reduce self damage would be interesting too (and would be helpful for RF, Reflect, Blood Rage and the Chaos Aura chest.)

Not to mention that having a skill rely on a specific unique to work decently is bad design.

RF needs and entire rework, is pretty stupid to have a skill that can only be used by chars of lv 70+

i would rather see it change to something like this:

Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
degenerates 0.85% per level of your maximum Life per second
degenerates 0.65% per level of your maximum ES per second
3% increased spell damage per level

lv 20:
Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
Enemies Burn for 50% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
degenerates 17% of your maximum Life per second
degenerates 13% of your maximum ES per second
60% increased spell

damage scaling with the level will make it usable across all tiers and degeneration wont make it totaly dependant on rise of the phoenix and purity of fire.

for the record 17% is more or less what one gets from skill tree + blood dance.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Sep 28, 2014, 9:03:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info