What's GGG real policy against multi client for farming?

I remember that GGG said you will ban his/her game account if he/she uses multiboxing to farm. However, I found that this only apply to normal players but not those streamers.

For example, this guy http://www.twitch.tv/manocean uses mulitboxing to farm since Invasion, but nothing happen. I don't know whether he still does it or not now. I can give another one.

http://www.twitch.tv/willywonka_hc/profile has open two clients to farm last night. Will GGG do anything? I do really think so.

In fact, if GGG says "Hey, they are pro-streamers. So they can do it", we can do nothing. But I still want a better and more fair game play experience. GGG please take this things serious. We can accept RNG. We can accept real money trade. But we can't accept something like multiboxing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
afaik its allowed for 2 clients, but not 3 or more. (so its "dualboxing")

Why this distinction? Only god knows...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Mano had main char+culler+2 others, so 4 clients, and he's been running it for 20 days now, streaming it, no problem.

GGG sometimes disappoints me so hard. I miss the naive days of joining CB.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Its two clients per computer, using a virtual computer to simulate 2 additional clients is allowed or else he would have been banned a long time ago.

Edit - Also im pretty sure Mano is using a Laptop for the other two this go around, i may be wrong and it may just be a virtual computer, but im pretty sure he mentioned that he was using a laptop this go around.

Mutiboxing and Multi-clients are two separate things. The difference between the two is that when you are multiboxing, youre using a program to send information to all clients at the same time, which is not allowed. When you multi client you are manually swapping between client windows and playing the character manually.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Sep 27, 2014, 8:22:56 AM
Manually multiboxing is allowed. The game has a flagging system that detects if you're using an automated multiboxing system such as ISBoxer.

You can do it. Ggg likes multiboxers
What about using a program to emulate a computer, to achieve fullparty status on 1 pc, ( since you can only log on 2 clients per pc.) is this also fine? i have always been curious on that stance, i know you can use 2-3 pc's.

I have 3-4 mule accounts with shitload of gems/uniques/maps. im ultimate hoarder id love to be able to open them all up to find what im looking for instead of closing and re-logging copy pasting passwords/emails lol.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Provided you automate nothing, I'm fairly sure you can do as much multiclienting as you can handle.

The assertions in the OP that GGG has threatened to ban anyone for multiclienting are far from veritable.

In fact, multiclienting is the only way you can legally and legitimately circumvent the 'stash tabs are pay to win' premise, since you can easily use a second account for muling with multiclienting.

I feel the OP has based their argument on a false foundation, which makes the rest of it quite shaky. There is absolutely no reason for GGG to act against anyone manually multiclienting. It's not cheating -- their system allows for it, and as I said, even demands it to prevent any unfairness regarding stash tab accumulation via real money.

If you see any streamers, or any players, automating anything, contact Support. Don't just make a thread.

Yup
You are allowed to run up to 2 clients per computer. So long as you aren't using any form of Automation, then you are allowed to run multiple clients.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
I'm sure Chris said 2 clients is the max allowed per computer, can i get banned if manually running 4 clients with Sandboxie and what if i have the "/oos" scripted with AutoHotKey at same time.
Last edited by redicboos on Sep 27, 2014, 11:58:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info