my fireball hit target, without hitting it!

so I get reduced projectile speed support gem + Craghead quiver
and I shoot a fireball
it moves very slowly
it hits a target
100%target get knockbacked (+50%distance passive / knockback support gem+passive)
100%target get pierced (support gem + passive + projectile weakniss curse)
target get knockbacked faster then my projectile travels
fireball ''hits'' target again
instead of damaging it and knockbacking it, it simply ''fly over it''

no disco allowed?
Iirc there is a cool down or limit to one proj. hitting same target.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Iirc there is a cool down or limit to one proj. hitting same target.

"
0.10.0 Once a Spark has bounced, it'll only be able to pierce the same target again if it has been more than one second since the last time.

this sounds a bit crazy
and may even help my spark build!

now, lets say I have a spark-fork-pierce

1) if a projectile fork, is it still the same projectile? I beleave yes, or else it could fork a again

2)Does this cooldown you talk about, allow my spark, to have more chance to get multiple pierces?
so, it hit, it pierce when do so, then it bounce, but it can pierce again within 1sec,
and the cooldown you talk about, will prevent it from hitting, and therefore it ''fly over'' the target, allowing it to travel more time, allowing it to bounce again, and pierce again

e/ and it can also be bad, in this situation, since my spark projectile will never fork, when it have a 100%chance to pierce
not even when pierce-bounche-pierce within 1 sec, then the second pierce will be replaced bye a ''fly-over'' (or will it fork? or will it hit and be absorbed?)

e2/that's why I did the test
I wanted spark to pierce 1 target 2 times, even when it not bounce
and I used fireball since it moves less randomly and is only 1 projectile, to see it better
patch notes is incorrect information, bouncing have nothing to do with it
Last edited by Tommyvv on Sep 25, 2014, 3:23:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info