Beyond and rampage "budget Elreon" free of cost ST-COC, Atziri capable (maybe not so much anymore)

Hello,

First time I have ever posted a build on the forum so I dont really know how to do this, feedback is much appreciated. :)

This is a build I came up with when going for the killstreak achivement in rampage and wanted to do a cheap build with big aoe dmg and fast clearspeed. It ended up being my favourite build I ever played and exceeded my expectations. I even ended up respeccing my Scion in Beyond to do this build.

There are a couple of items needed for this build (luckily they're not super expensive). :)

- Tabula rasa
- 2xElreon rings with -7 to -8 mana cost of skills
- Cold leech dagger or corrupted cold leech Ungil's Harmony
- Decent coc dagger (attackspeed, critchance and spelldmg). Cold leech is a big +

With the Elreon rings you end up having a mana cost of 1-2 with ST (with a corrupted 95% tabula I actually have 0 mana cost of the skill). This allows you to reserve almost all of your mana and you dont need any mana leech or regen to sustan your attacks.
The 1% coldleech from amulet or dagger (or both) is enough to keep your life up.

skilltree (DPS one, care for reflect)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAv4DHgSzBbUHHgmqDkgRDxGWFkAWbxa_GjgdFB9BI_Yk_SaVJy8qCyzhLR8wcTB8OkI6WELDRtdHBklRS3hMs02SUDBRR1VLVcZXKV3yXkVh4mKsY0NmnmjybIxwUnBWcNVxhX5Zfyt_xoKbg9uFfYnTi4yMNo19jb-OZI9GkBuQVZLzlSCVLpoTmjuboZ2qogCio6xmrJixQrTFtvq5PsAawGbAmsHzwuzUI9aK2HbZ_Nte29Tb592o34Thc-Nq51TsOPAf8NXy4fMR8-r3pvfX-d360vrr_94=

Bandits:
Oak - Kill - Alira

With the current build I use I end up with around 85-90+% critchance with a good rolled dagger for ST and 6 powercharges, which procs the coc a lot! :)

Links:
ST (max lvl 10)-GMP-PCOC-COC-Arctic breath-Ice spear

Auras:
Grace-Herald of ice-Purity of ice (if you get the 2x4% reduced mana nodes @ the Templar you can fit in herald of thunder as well).

The following levels I will try to get more block nodes and maybe a bit more damage.

Current Rampage stats:

Rampage gear

Beyond gear (under construction)

Pros:
- Fast clearspeed
- No need for mana leech or regen
- Chills/freezes the mobs
- Can do all content I've tried including normal Atziri, death and taxes, Olmec's, really rippy map mods etc. without any deaths
- Is basicly reflect immune (can even handle double reflect) because of the high spellblock, spell dodge and high cold resists. I've done multiple reflect elemental damage maps without problems (need to get back on this for 1.3.0 change).
- Not very expensive

Cons:
- Not very high life, I'm running with 4.6k life and tabula @ lvl82 (it's not really a problem though).
- Tough to level with if you're in a hardcore leauge.
- Lags a bit in partys. :(
- Hard to get resists.
- Low on dexterity from the tree, need it on gear or spec in to some dex nodes.
- Corrupting blood is really dangerous since you get to 20 stacks instantly, I always run with 2xremove bleed flasks.

I am currently testing this build out in Rampage and have done some maps in Beyond with really good results.

Post below, send PM or hit me up ingame if you have any questions, IGN: Jean_Clawed_Van_Damme_

==========================================================

1.3.0 Change:

This patch changed a lot for this build, block was reduced and 1h crit nodes on the left side of the tree was removed/changed.
On the other hand it brought some intresting changes in the templar tree and the unique item Ungil's Harmony.
I really think the Ungil's is nice because it saves the travel to the middle of the tree by Scion for crit, and the multiplier reduction makes reflect a little safer (especially with the changes to block wich means I'm dropping the saffels for an evasion based shield and loose the +resistance bonus).

Current gear:
Spoiler

The tree for bloodlines (safer with lower damage):
Last edited by pingpongmuff on Feb 11, 2015, 12:06:54 PM
I can attest to the builds effectiveness, got carried like a scrub through atziri and D&T
So, this is THE build.

I've tried some builds before, but none was like this one.

I'm almos 40 lvl atm, Act2 Cruel and haven't get any trouble until now.
I've solo everything until this point with some crap gear and dind't die any single time.

Just used a Tabula Rasa and a Ungil's Gauche for the gg.

Leveled up with Lightning Tendrils till I could use ST with LMP without problems, about level 25, maybe before. Didn't changed my gear until now, but I'll try to improve it, not because I need it, just for safe.

I'm just here to attest the efficiency of this build and recommend it to any other ones who is thinking of try it.
Please post a video, build looks great.
Looks pretty solid. I'm a big fan of those Elreon accessories (I use one in my Cleave build). Hopefully this will still be as powerful after the 1.3 patch! It's a shame that it takes crit to make ST worthwhile anymore.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Quick update for 1.3.0
can i just use a standard 5L in the beginning? also, bump.
Last edited by risko on Dec 16, 2014, 7:26:56 PM
"
risko wrote:
can i just use a standard 5L in the beginning? also, bump.

Yes a 5-link works just fine, you just need to get your powercharges from somewhere else (put pcoc on seperate ST or curse with assassin's mark).
am liking this build, but I have to ask, why max lvl of 9 on ST?

EDIT: just leveled it and realize why now. no str for it
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
Last edited by ZhardDee on Dec 17, 2014, 3:27:28 PM
"
am liking this build, but I have to ask, why max lvl of 9 on ST?

EDIT: just leveled it and realize why now. no str for it

Actually it was because I thought that was when the mana cost of ST goes up, but that is at lvl10. Changing it now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info