Master alchemist

It would be cool to have a Master that sells and crafts flasks, the Master Alchemist, one you can find in Act IV.

I think this is how it should go:

Crafting bench: Distillation Aparatus, it can craft flasks and belts. The flasks affixes are the status effect ones at low levels and maybe some recovery modifiers, and at high level the surgeon one. For belts can craft the flask recovery ones.
It can add additional resistances to belts.
Many weird mods could be added. I don't know, adding one socket to a belt and corrupting it at the same time.

Quests:

-Collect the materials: you have to search for special packs (ribbons and statues), kill them and collect thaumetic sulphite. Bring it back to the Master.

-Bring the essence of inmortality: a side area spawns full of Divine Shrines, but only one is authentic. You have to evade all the inmortal creatures, take the inmortality buff and navigate back to give the buff to the master.

-Alchemy experiments: you have to search specific (low level) rare or corrupted items in a side area (the same as before). After that, a corrupted belt (with apropiate level), poor base rare ring (for the chaos recipe) or a corrupted map (with four affixes) is created as a reward.

Currency trading: it should be a discount to chance to fusing, scour to regret or (if you feel insane to add it) chaos/alchemy to regal.

Signature mod: one additional charge per stun.

Vendor:

-Level 1: magic life/mana flasks, white hybrid flask, magic belts.
-Level 2: has a chance to sell an unidenfied rare belt.
-Level 3: hideout, can sell three gems (without specific atribute requeriments), except the most powerful ones (like echo, multistrike). Sometimes sells the portal gem (and other white gems if possible).
-Level 4: item with signature mod (probably life flask), glassblower's baubles with a little discount.
-Level 5: elemental utility flasks.
-Level 6: bigger hideout, currency discount, mobility utility flasks (quicksilver and quartz).
-Level 7: all flasks types.
-Level 8: unique flasks and belts.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Sep 22, 2014, 4:32:15 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Interesting idea: Have a master filling additional utility areas not yet covered.

Yes, this includes flasks. Perhaps that could be a 25 or 30 quality flask, or a 3 mod flask, or new flask mods.

Somewhere in here you hit on gems. I like this. What if you could change a gem's color? This might be to a different color, or to white. Particularly useful for corrupted 5L's and corrupted 6L's.

Notice you are adding to the flavor of masters. They initially were intended to open the door to low level crafting, where using exalts is laughable. Then GGG got the smart idea to add new unique things to thehm.

I'll also throw in that some of these features could be given to current masters, if desirable.

I think what we'll see is seasonal content. Eventually GGG will come back to Corruption, adding new Vall Skills. Then they'll come back to masters, adding things like this, and so on, while continuing to also add completely new feature areas.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Sep 22, 2014, 4:57:40 PM
"
Interesting idea: Have a master filling additional utility areas not yet covered.

Yes, this includes flasks. Perhaps that could be a 25 or 30 quality flask, or a 3 mod flask, or new flask mods.

Somewhere in here you hit on gems. I like this. What if you could change a gem's color? This might be to a different color, or to white. Particularly useful for corrupted 5L's and corrupted 6L's.

It would remove the drawback of corrupting items. I can't imagine how to balance that (Vorici already does something with sockets, we should see how it goes).
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"

It would remove the drawback of corrupting items. I can't imagine how to balance that (Vorici already does something with sockets, we should see how it goes).

Anything could be possible if priced appropriately.

Yes, this goes in the wind of socket colors, but what if there were other crazy affects thrown into the mix? Stat requirements, quality effect changes, added/changed effects. It would indeed need enough flavor to stand on its own or it shouldn't exist.

Perhaps this would be a new socket color... not red, blue, green, or white. Black? Two-colored (limiting usefulness)? ("Add a second color to a gem?")

No concrete ideas here, obviously.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Sep 22, 2014, 5:03:54 PM
"

Anything could be possible if priced appropriately.

Yes, this goes in the wind of socket colors, but what if there were other crazy affects thrown into the mix? Stat requirements, quality effect changes, added/changed effects. It would indeed need enough flavor to stand on its own or it shouldn't exist.

Perhaps this would be a new socket color... not red, blue, green, or white. Black? Two-colored (limiting usefulness)? ("Add a second color to a gem?")

No concrete ideas here, obviously.

Well, that would be awesome. I don't know about gem colors, but the rest has the alchemist flavor.

The stat requeriment thing could be added for all items (and removed from the affix pool permanently).

Poison/chaos effects would be awesome too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info