So i may have to do acrobatic with iron reflexes.

My build consists of a two handed molten strike a lot of sword nodes and armor evasion hybrid. I have heavy mitigation. By the time i could spec into acrobatic i will have 8000+ armor and 11000+ evasion+ondars guile. My main reasoning is i rofl stomp physical attackers (especially projectiles) but spell casters (espcially cold and lightning) screw me with lack of blocking and 75% resist cap. I run determination and grace with no aura nodes but still have little to no mana problems. So would it be worth it? With my auras i could still reach a 8000 armor but lose ondars guile but just have a flat 46% chance to dodge attacks and spells. Or would it be better to get the chance to avoid status ailments?

Edit: My gear
Last edited by Zigma999 on Sep 22, 2014, 3:10:05 PM
In my experience, phase acrobatics alone doesnt do much to mitigate spellcasters.

Your 11k evasion now is pretty much equivalent to the dodge nodes so you will not see much of a change. If you dont take IR and take acrobatics, you could get something that equals a shield with a few block nodes worth of mitigation. Your armor wont to crap against big hits anyhow.

As is, your 8k armor mitigates 25% of a 2000 damage base hit (not counting devotos) and increasingly less the further it goes. Evasion makes sure those hits dont come in in quick succession (at 50% evasion its practically impossible to get two such hits right after another, with entropy in place) while dodge really is semi random, and could allow for several hits one after another.

Ondars will also be completely useless then, so projectile mobs could start becoming an issue again.
"
Cataca wrote:
In my experience, phase acrobatics alone doesnt do much to mitigate spellcasters.

Your 11k evasion now is pretty much equivalent to the dodge nodes so you will not see much of a change. If you dont take IR and take acrobatics, you could get something that equals a shield with a few block nodes worth of mitigation. Your armor wont to crap against big hits anyhow.

As is, your 8k armor mitigates 25% of a 2000 damage base hit (not counting devotos) and increasingly less the further it goes. Evasion makes sure those hits dont come in in quick succession (at 50% evasion its practically impossible to get two such hits right after another, with entropy in place) while dodge really is semi random, and could allow for several hits one after another.

Ondars will also be completely useless then, so projectile mobs could start becoming an issue again.
Yeah i think im just going to invest in the status ailment avoidance and adjust my flasks accordingly. God tho i can spend 2 respec point to go into iron reflexes anytime to get major phys reduction.
armor sux get a lightning coil. better than 15k armor by itself and you get to actualy use evasion unlike ir...when u over resits like me 83% lightning lc is closer to 20k armor.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 22, 2014, 5:04:36 PM
Vaal grace and cwdt? Lol, that doesnt work anymore. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info