"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
I hear it's treasure goblins.
Yes.
"
majesw wrote:
I hear it's treasure goblins.
Yes.

I hope not. :/

It will be something that will kill us all, painful deaths, they will be.
"
(me, and other freaks like me)

yay freaks!
"
I had zero participation in the balance other than "I want them to be fairly solitary, so stronger individually".

Unlike my items, which I sort of aim at a specific demographic (me, and other freaks like me), this monster had to be 'for everyone'. I couldn't really get my head around that, so I just gave them a basic concept and said 'surprise me'.

I actually wished you did participate in balance.
especially the single monster vs. pack balance, which is extremely important.

two notable examples are Soulless Watchers and Devourers.

a single SW is in my opinion the best-designed monster in the game right now, but when they come in large packs they can - and will - make your client freeze/crash or cause severe desync when they all use their main attack at once, and in the extreme case RIP your character because they - or something else - got a couple free hits on you server-side, while you really couldn't do anything about it.

a single Worm poses a threat the player should be aware of, and I actually like them despite their damage being more than a bit overboard. they bring a new element into the game.
a pack of Devourers? yeah I don't really need to say anything.

so, I really hope GGG got the single vs. pack balance of your monster right, Charan.
I think a good base rule for it, is if your monster is particularly strong individually, uses some kind of "super-attack" specific to it, or has multiple abilities including some who are heavily particle-effect-based - it should NEVER spawn in a pack of size > 3. not even in maps.

individually-strong monsters are great in heterogenous packs, where monsters' abilities synergize to pose a threat to the player. see Trolls in Act 3 in Torchlight 2 as a good example: a big ugly tank in a pack of small swarmers, usually accompanied by a spell-caster that buffs them or de-buffs the player character.
I really wish GGG could do things like this.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 23, 2014, 1:00:23 AM
hey charan how u doin.

if i die to ur monster , ill be mad sir
"
I had zero participation in the balance other than "I want them to be fairly solitary, so stronger individually".

Unlike my items, which I sort of aim at a specific demographic (me, and other freaks like me), this monster had to be 'for everyone'. I couldn't really get my head around that, so I just gave them a basic concept and said 'surprise me'.

So you paid 10,000 dollars to say "surprise me"? Wow, just wow.
"
inDef wrote:
"

You sound jello bro because you're broke.

YE
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
inDef wrote:
"

You sound jello bro because you're broke.

YE

yer*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info