Need tips for traps

There are a few nodes that add extra traps yet the gem can still only hold 3 charges at a time. What is the benefit of being able to lay extra traps and how do you extend how many you can recharge per gem? if I can lay 6 fire traps but only have the ability to throw 3 at a time what's the point in these nodes? then there's multi-trap which adds 3 extra traps on its own and you throw 3 at a time. so apparently its mandatory to use multi-trap if you want to pick up the extra trap nodes?

I don't see much info on these nodes in the trapper guides, not the ones I've read so far. if anyone has extra input to give that would be appreciated.

thanks
try searching Pohx's crit trapper
Last edited by tempoltone on Sep 22, 2014, 9:26:22 AM
I read that as tits for tats.
Those nodes simply suck because as you said all they do is allow to have just more traps on the ground and not have the gem hold more charges. If you want more bang for a buck for your trap charges the only thing that can help you is the multitrap gem.
Those nodes do not suck and are very important to a trapper using more than one kind of trap.

Lets say you have fire trap on a 5L with no multi trap, and then you create another trap from a spell like flame Surge + trap + Multi trap + reduced duration (total example).

You toss down your 3 Fire traps, and then you toss down your multi trap thats 6 traps on the ground. This is actually very handy for the more OP strong boxes. As you want as many traps on the ground as possible to wipe out the enemy.

Lets just say you are using ice mine aswell, so you lay out all your ice mines and all your traps and you only have those passives to thank.

Long time ago when you added extra trap passive it did actually give you a 4th trap to toss you could even use more than 1 kind of the same trap and they both had different cool downs.
So it may seem a little borked now but it still works fine.

Trust me you dont want to get to the point where your tossing traps but they vanish before they even get a chance to explode, because you have minimum traps to toss. That is of course if you plan on having more than one kind of trap. If you are only planning on having one type of trap I suppose those passives may seem like a total waste.
"
tempoltone wrote:

His name isn't coming up with that spelling in a search. You have a more specific account or title I can search?
"
Verac10us wrote:
"
tempoltone wrote:

His name isn't coming up with that spelling in a search. You have a more specific account or title I can search?

He should've just linked it.
"
skesoul wrote:
Those nodes do not suck and are very important to a trapper using more than one kind of trap.

Lets say you have fire trap on a 5L with no multi trap, and then you create another trap from a spell like flame Surge + trap + Multi trap + reduced duration (total example).

You toss down your 3 Fire traps, and then you toss down your multi trap thats 6 traps on the ground. This is actually very handy for the more OP strong boxes. As you want as many traps on the ground as possible to wipe out the enemy.

Lets just say you are using ice mine aswell, so you lay out all your ice mines and all your traps and you only have those passives to thank.

Long time ago when you added extra trap passive it did actually give you a 4th trap to toss you could even use more than 1 kind of the same trap and they both had different cool downs.
So it may seem a little borked now but it still works fine.

Trust me you dont want to get to the point where your tossing traps but they vanish before they even get a chance to explode, because you have minimum traps to toss. That is of course if you plan on having more than one kind of trap. If you are only planning on having one type of trap I suppose those passives may seem like a total waste.

listen to this guy

even when you start one-shotting things with crit, traps are wonky. those nodes are lifesavers. thats assuming you go full trap, but really why wouldnt you go full trap ? at least two trap types for 6 total trap, spam them all.

as someone who did a elemental trapper and then a bow trapper I always feel meh until I get the master sapper passive
Just remade one of my witches into a trapper, here's what mess I made:

It's rather effective. Max block, about 50% spell block, and almost capped resistances.
When you say "traps", I assume you mean the skill?

I recommend Bear Trap and Fire Trap... in that order. You'll immobilize your foes, and roast them silly.

Not sure if anyone else thought of this prior to I, but I think it'll work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info