Monsters in Master's missions too strong?

This thread isn't to complain about deaths, I've died, its ok, I'll start new champ, no problem.

Dont know if anyone else experienced it but in my opinion some monsters in Master's missions are way too strong.

First time I've experienced it was my marauder with super tanky build. Over 3.5k hp, ~50% res, 2k armor. I've had Tora's mission to kill some Rhoas for her. No big deal I think. After 5 seconds I've realized those are exploding Rhoas, I was dead when 2 of those exploded in my face. "Stay in distance" u say but its hard for melee character. It was in act 1 Merciless. Don't u think ~2.5k dmg per hit (with 50% res) at act 1 Merc is a bit too much?

Next one was my witch. This one wasn't that tanky but it was enough to farm Piety. 3.2k hp, 900 es, almost capped res. I've had to kill Mummies for Catarina. And again, they are super slow so no danger I think. Well, I've changed my opinion when one of them hit me. Just one hit... for over 3.5k. Chaos "aura" did the rest. This one was in act 3 Merciless.

Don't u think its a bit ridiculous that normal (or magic) monsters and some stupid mummies does way more dmg than beyonders or even main bosses (like Piety or Merveil)?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's a simple result from PoE's resist system.

You cap resists or you die. Resists aren't optional, they aren't something you can intelligently build around or find alternatives for, you either have them or you'll die.

You didn't have them.
You died.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
The point here isn't if I died or not. It about how strong Masters' monsters are compared to other monsters. In my opinion normal (or magic) monsters in a1m shouldn't deal more dmg than (or similar to) Piety two acts later.
"
Amongalen wrote:
The point here isn't if I died or not. It about how strong Masters' monsters are compared to other monsters. In my opinion normal (or magic) monsters in a1m shouldn't deal more dmg than (or similar to) Piety two acts later.
They don't really. You have max resists doing Piety in Merc or you die. So you're not comparing apples to apples if you don't have max resists in both scenarios.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
There are some Tora's mobs that are scary in high level content, like chaos degen aura with a purple firestorm, chaos damage I assume. Or croaking chimeral with haste aura and bleeding on hit.
That purple chaos firestorm is freakin' cool. I want that skill!
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
New stuff is always stronger. GGG can only create harder and harder content. It's much harder to actually balance the game and just add more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info