need help for kripp freezing pulse in 1.2

hi,

I would like to make a very strong build, and i remember the old freezing pulse build kripp was using, he had like 8k+ life a taryn's shiver and good dps.

i found a video where he explain his build here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F98J1RAg0WE

But now the tree is completly different so it would be nice if you could help me.

actually i have made this passive tree :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfI1kti9_go_JypNfVusR1FMFSAs6d0N_MVnoId2Sn1br04qKaXKSm-enKSHE3cHgwnxs0tXwONGcbQMsnBilSpTCGf-j03jplc64fJFtz5Bh_nokycc3H_GEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_VknfIdDkhd8nDVidNwUkLD34QC_ow2VUth4iaVFr8DHh9BtvcrChEvoqMPxDt8uMrB84Ie2wv06TaJT69nvZUgaxe86sBUCPRqQy0fTLOus0GW0PUFQiycEFivmwQHg9tVxuvkXyo=

I would go eva/es of course, maybe i could run arctic armor too.

I think it is not even close to a kripp's build, but i would like to try something like that.

Do you think you can improve this passive tree? do you have any advice?
Last edited by Honda777 on Sep 20, 2014, 6:20:53 AM
I have just made this freezing FP build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMC_gMeBAcFQgceB2MHpQj0DXwNjQ5ID8QQWBEPEVARlha_F1Qc3B1PHwIfQR_HIoEi9CaVKgsreCycLYsyNDW5N4E6WDt8O-NBlkLDRPtGcUlRSbFJskwtUrJT1FVLVcZWSlxrXfJh4mQJZJ1qQ2wLbRlvnnBScNV3B3_GghCDCYPbhEiHE4nTiiiMNo2CjjyP-pMnlQSVLpyknqGfAaKjpyusmK-btAy4ysBUw23LvdD10eTXz9-E34rfsONW5Ovquuv17BjviPDV8h3z6vfX-Tc=

With my sub-par gear (see below) I have about 5.2k dps with a level 17 FP (Faster Projectiles+LMP+IIQ+IIR) + Herald of Ice.
With cold penetration, spell echo or faster casting* etc. instead of IIQ and IIR, damage can get much higher, of course, but as a solo player the damage output really seems enough, as is.

Main damage comes from crits (~420% multiplier) and it crits fairly often (~45%). Even if it does not, there is a 25% chance to freeze monsters anyway, so you are having a 70% chance to freeze per cast. So with LMP you usually freeze the whole screen within two seconds, and when the crit hits everybody's dead.
With the 60% increased freeze duration from the passive tree all but the biggest boss-monsters are basically dead once they are frozen.

*I prefer Faster Projectiles to any other support here because you can still kill monsters on the edge of your screen fairly quickly. Faster casting, for example, would give you a very good dps boost but because of FP's drastically diminishing damage you'd need to get much closer.
Spell Echo has, in this build, the great disadvantage that its second cast reduces your level of control. But you need to be quick on your feet to out-maneuver stragglers or monsters who escaped your freeze/are frozen only very shortly, etc. It's also a bit redundant sometimes when you one-hit-crit (white) monsters.

Gear:

Spoiler

With that gear I currently am at ~2.2k life and ~2k ES (with discipline). As you can see I have very little life and ES on my gear. I think you can easily get to 2.5-3k life and 4k ES, and a good deal more with top notch gear.

Last edited by Jojas on Sep 20, 2014, 6:04:35 AM
Thank you Jojas for your long post.

your dps seems good 5k dps for a spell is pretty good i think especially with lmp.

But i really dont want to play a hybrid build (life/es) i think it can be good for trap build, the shield can protect you and refill while you are moving to another pack , but for freezing pulse, hm, i dont know , because you cannot leech life and es at the same time, chaos damage can be a problem (against alchemist with poison trap for exemple). And it was really the strengh of the build from kripp to have so much life, i would like to try something close (like reaching at least 5k life maybe more) but it seems very hard.
And i want to shock ennemy too.

the part about the crit was interesting for me, i hope i will be able to crit as often as you.

thanks for your passive tree and post.

If anybody can improve my passive tree, or if someone have better build than mine but on a life base character he is welcome to post .
"
Honda777 wrote:
Thank you Jojas for your long post.

your dps seems good 5k dps for a spell is pretty good i think especially with lmp.

But i really dont want to play a hybrid build (life/es) i think it can be good for trap build, the shield can protect you and refill while you are moving to another pack , but for freezing pulse, hm, i dont know , because you cannot leech life and es at the same time, chaos damage can be a problem (against alchemist with poison trap for exemple). And it was really the strengh of the build from kripp to have so much life, i would like to try something close (like reaching at least 5k life maybe more) but it seems very hard.
And i want to shock ennemy too.

the part about the crit was interesting for me, i hope i will be able to crit as often as you.

thanks for your passive tree and post.

If anybody can improve my passive tree, or if someone have better build than mine but on a life base character he is welcome to post .

I think your build is good, only the thing with shock seems wrong. You might have missed that since of 1.2 shock does not stack anymore, so the four points you spent on the SB cluster would be much better spent on the four spell damage nodes south of Elem. Dominion (near witch). That would mean a constant 46% increased spell damage vs. a 15%+ chance for 50% increased damage for a very short time. Also, you usually not only must deal lightning damage to shock, but the lightning damage you deal also determines the length of time of monsters being shocked. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Another thing is that you might want to delay going for EB or taking up the 20% mana reg. node at the scion. FP is fairly cheap so EB might turn out to be redundant, and the mana reg. node is not at all that great. With these three free points and the four points from SB your build would be at around level 82, giving you plenty of time to decide what to do next.

Other than that, the only thing I can say is that if were to make a build like that this is just how I would do it.
Last edited by Jojas on Sep 21, 2014, 5:04:27 AM
Thanks again Jojas. I think you are right on a lot of things.

But first i want to say that i have started this build , i am level 55, and i am pretty happy with the build it is easy to level, the dps is nice, never had problem at all even in group. i'm using a 3 link only at the moment in
. and i already bought a taryn's shiver for 14 chaos. (the only thing i bought)

my life is at 2.3k i think (i m just in act1 merciless) and i have a lot of life nodes to take and gear to upgrade.

well that's for the good news, but like you said i m not sure about the lighting damage and maybe mana regen, i just picked up eb, and i m going for iron reflex, i m using grace , herald of ice, and clarity. so the high mana pool/regen would allow me to run artic armor but i dont know if it is worth it. it can be very solid with iron reflex + grace but i will need lot of mana nodes and will have to equip hybrid gear on several slot or to find a good eva/es chest and i still dont know how much i will be able to level artic armor.

For the lighting damage yes i know it is nerf, the plan was just to shock even for a short duration because i will use spell echo so i will cast i hope fast enough to hit ennemy again while they are shocked. but i dont know if the shock nodes are worth it. And i think even with the taryn's shiver and shock nodes, i will never shock a boss even for a short duration.

But if it doesnt work like i hope with the lighting damage, wich gem should i useto replace added lighting? cold pen? faster cast + spell echo?

Also i think i should have started as a wich by the nodes south elem dominion that you advise to me. and skip the projecile damage nodes from the scion.

Last edited by Honda777 on Sep 21, 2014, 12:20:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info