[HC viable] Oro's Sacrifice - Elemental "Flickerfucking"

PM me if you have any questions! IGN:Genusi.

Updated for Ascendancy!

Pros and Cons
+ Relatively Cheap
+ Doesn't require more than a 4-link
+ Relatively Tanky
+ Very fun to play!
+ Four/five curses support this playstyle

- Increased Physical/Fire damage taken can be huge if not cautious
- Dependent on Fluid Motion or +30 Dexterity nodes in tree in order to use Oro's Sacrifice. Suggested fix for this is Devoto's Devotion
- You need to level to 67 before being able to start flickering
- You should be a bit careful when flickering - it can and will displace you alot, and with lock-on will cause you to run back to the target after each use.
-Can clear apex, but you may need a complementary skill to use with flicker.

Current stats
Spoiler

Total DPS with flicker: 67 229
70% Fire Penetration with Blasphemy Flammability.

Gear
Spoiler

The only crucial uniques for the build is Oro's Sacrifice. Gang's Momentum and Devoto's Devotion is also very good items for this build since you are not dealing any physical damage at all so there are only benefits. Besides, it also gives you the last bit of dex you need to use Oro's, which frees up passive points to not allocate into +30 dex or removes need for x-dex jewels.
Mokou's is also an option.

In general terms you're going to be looking mostly for life, resistances and armour. Try to make sure that you still cap fire resistance even if cursed with Elemental Weakness or Flammability, or else those fire hits will sting.

Elemental reflect is a problem, so make sure to carry a Ruby Flask with you at all times and you can also use Sibyl's Lament to reduce Elemental reflect problems by a ton.

Belly of the beast is a good option for more life.

Gems
Spoiler

Your primary skill will be Flicker Strike, which is linked with Multistrike, Weapon Elemental Damage and Melee Splash. 5L will give us Fire Penetration.

The final link has some options, like Chance to Ignite if you feel you cannot sustain charges, or Fortify for increased survivability. Life Leech is an option as well. You can also grab Faster Attacks for even more speed. After testing with Life Leech I can say that this is very useful to deal with heavy-hitters and also does help a bit with reflect.

The 4L is enough for decent clear-speed with good AoE. Just be careful of how much you flicker since you can (and will) get displaced after some time.

If you are not confident with continuously flickering (especially in HC), you should have a secondary skill to use when you need to keep some distance. I use Spectral Throw with Greater Multiple Projectiles, Weapon Elemental Damage and Fire Penetration in order to be able to keep my distance, but you can also use other ranged skills like Flame Totem, Searing Bond. Searing Bond can also double as an AoE helper while you flicker, provided that it survives long enough for you to clear the pack.

For auras you gain a huge benefit from Anger, and Arctic Armour is a good option to get some extra damage reduction and chilling effect to help with survivability. If you have more than enough damage, Anger can also be swapped for something like Determination.

I have a Leap slam link for movement which includes Fortify, and is linked with Faster Attacks. You can also slot Flame Golem here if you want to fora bit of extra damage.

Curses: Flammability for more damage or Warlord's mark for extra leech against reflect. Since you are likely to take more damage, Enfeeble is also a viable option. I use Flammability with blasphemy to constantly curse. It also adds more damage.

Lastly you can have have a CWDT setup with Immortal Call, Enduring Cry and Increased Duration. This helps with survivability.

I haven't tested it yet, but Abyssal cry is an option to skip Melee Splash with, provided it has enough damage to make you clear packs with it.

To level you can use Blood Rage along with Blasphemy-Poacher´s Mark in order to flicker even at low levels, but it may not be as effective. Otherwise I can recommend standard leveling skills like Spectral Throw, Cyclone, Sunder and so on!

Build
Spoiler

With Ascendancy, I have created six variants on this character now. All characters are made to be finished at lv. 90.

Duelist - Slayer
This variant requires 2 Fireborn jewels to make use of Wrecking Ball, Destroyer and Martial Experience notables but can be skipped for damage elsewhere too, although I highly recommend it.

In the Ascendancy tree (Slayer) I would go the right side (Brutal Fervor, Endless Hunger, Impact) so that I can skip the Melee Splash gem in the link. There's also alot of two-handed damage and attack speed here so we're not wasting anything.

Marauder - Berserker/Chieftain
Here I'm utilizing one Fireborn for extra damage (Destroyer and Wrecking Ball again) and it has more than double the amount of Armour, but generally lower damage than the duelist.

In the tree (Berserker) I would take the bottom two nodes (Crave the Slaughter and Aspect of Carnage) to further increase damage, and then take War Bringer to let us use all three warcries depending on situation (for example use rallying once in a while, then use abyssal to clear packs without Melee Splash) We are taking slightly more damage so be vary of that, but the increased armour should migitate the physical part.

You can also go Chieftain and pick up Nghamu, Hinekora and Tawhoa or Ramako for increased ignite chance and damage, some penetration and fire leech and either extra life-regen per endurance charge + chance to gain one or extra bit of armor, resistance and strength with some reduced skill cost. That's up to you, but I would probably take Ramako as a third one.

Ranger - Raider
Basically the same idea, use one Fireborn for damage, has not as much increased armour by itself but utilizes Iron Reflexes for survivability, might be a bit lower damage but we will make up for it in the ascendancy.

In Raider, we take Avatar of the Slaughter for empowered frenzy charges and Rapid Assault for the Onslaught chance. This should more than likely deal with any problems in damage we have.

Shadow - Trickster
Here we take a different approach. Instead of relying on Resolute Technique and Fire/Elemental Damage with Armour, we now go for Acrobatics and two Fireborns to get damage.

In ascendancy we take Trickster for Ghost Dance, Shade Form and a choice. Either Swift Killer for an extra frenzy charge, putting us at 8 charges, or Weave the Arcane to get better mana-sustain since we're not reserving 100% anymore.

Witch - Elementalist
This one is a bit different, and far more expensive. We're using Crown of Eyes to get insanely high damage from the Witch start, which means no Devoto's so Dex will need to be obtained by other means. We still use one Fireborn, but it is not needed with the insane amount of damage this variant has.

To top it off, Elementalist is the obvious choice, taking Liege of the Primordial (with Flame golem for a huge damage boost), Shaper of Desolation for the new conflux effect and the final two points are a choice. Either Paragon of Calamity to gain elemental damage reduction and a damage boost, or Pendulum of Destruction for an increased damage spike every 10 seconds.

There are options as a Scion too, since options like Raider, Elementalist and Berserker are all solid options as a Scion, or to even swap starts. One idea I had was to take duelist parts and then ascend into marauder to skip the pathing required to reach it, or to ascend onto templar for elemental damage or something along the lines. The options are endless!

Scion - Trickster+alt start
This one is a bit tricky(pun intended) since it uses an alt start. We take all defense and leech and most of our damage in the templar & duelist areas and then ascend onto shadow to take the last bit of damage and some final life.

I chose Trickster for this ascension since we then get 20% increased damage while not on full ES, of which we barely have any to begin with. Increased mana regen is nice since Flicker is a movement skill and will help sustain. lastly the increased recovery for all pools will be affecting us all the time since we're igniting very often. The more evasion chance is not very useful since we're not evasion based nor on full energy shield often unless out of combat.

Scion - Elementalist/Berserker

This is a different approach that doesnt ascend onto another class, we go instead for double ascendancy. With some reduced damage taken and elemental conflux from elementalist, with increased damage from Berserker, this is also a strong option for Flicker.

Bandit Choices
Normal: Oak OR Passive Point (Depends entirely on you for +40 base life)
Cruel: Kraityn OR Passive Point (It depends on what the actual point gives you, but I personally always go Kraityn here)
Merciless: Kraityn, you want that extra charge

Demonstration

I think that about covers it. If there is anything which is unclear, please let me know!

Enjoy fellow exiles!
Last edited by Genusi on Jun 17, 2016, 6:17:23 AM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2016, 8:16:44 PM
Looks pretty neat, how doe it work for bosses? Also the desync must be real.
"Most" bosses are fine but I haven't tried merci dominus yet. Desyncing is not that harsh unless flicker strike jumps half the screen, then it can become a problem. :)

Edit: Dominus is doable but scary as fuck :s
Last edited by Genusi on Sep 20, 2014, 9:15:03 AM
Nice that you found a way to use the Oro's. Cool build.
Computer:
AMD Ryzen 3600 - Nvidia RTX 3080 - ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS - Lian Li PC-O11 - Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHz
Accessories:
Acer 27" WQHD 170Hz - Corsair K100 - Corsair Scimitar - Corsair Virtuoso Wireless
Cool idea, always wanted to try an Oro build. Just a quick thought, 59% chance to ignite on 3 hits does not add to 177%, that's not how probability works; each hit is independent, meaning you have 59% chance to ignite on first hit, 24.19% on the second (and not on first) and 9.91% on the third (and not on either of the others), totaling 93.11% chance to ignite. Still quite good, just to clarify those "OMG HOW DID I NOT GET THIS TIME" times.
Thank you for clarifying this for me! Updating the post with this info! :)
Looks sick!
So from what I have seen this build falls off fast. I have only found old pre 1.2 patch builds but it looked like when you get to higher level maps you just have a hard time killing things especially the unique boss. Any idea or input? I usually play with a friend so that would take longer for me to kill things with another person in the party also. The build looks insanely fun and I want to try it just afraid it that higher level maps would not be doable with it.
Hello Bewtz, thanks for the reply!

The character I'm running this on right now is taking it very carefully (died on my first one due to not being cautious with corrupted zones) so I'm still preparing to start mapping once I get whispers of doom. At the moment the dps isnt that bad, cause the tooltip dps for flicker strike isnt entirely correct (I'm doing far more due to fire penetration and also from the fact that im doing more than one hit per flicker strike).

When soloing I dont have problems with damage output (it's a bit lower in party, but so is everyones damage output) and these early maps is not hard at all to do - if flicker strike is too dangerous, use spectral throw - I just need to be a bit careful because some mobs hit very very hard, especially for physical damage. I dont have Doryani's Invitation yet so that should boost my damage further, as well as more links than four in both spectral throw and flicker strike.

I'll update with more input once I start mapping more (after whispers of doom).

I have yet to allocate armor in the tree so that might make me sustain through all damage.
Last edited by Genusi on Sep 27, 2014, 5:52:31 PM
Hi

First off really cool build. I enjoy it a lot.
I have made a few changes in gem setup and auras though.

Im running a 6-link so i swapped melee splash for bloodmagic so I can keep flickering constantly. And instead of casting the curses myself i linked them to a lvl 1 cast when damage taken.
I also swapped clarity aura for anger since i don't need mana anymore.

The reason for these changes is that with the previous setup i sometimes flickered into a lot of packs and without the curses i died.

Thanks for a fun build idea

-Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info