Cabdru - 1.2 Hardcore CI Incandescent Heart Build

You can check out this build in action at www.twitch.tv/cabdru

I am currently level 89 in Beyond league and going ham!

I've had a lot of requests to do a write up for the incandescent heart saintly chainmail build I am using. The end result is a build that not only performed better than expected but has continued to be so fun and effective to play. This build is very expensive to do, it requires you to have the Incandescent Heart Saintly Chainmail, Aegis Aurora shield, auxium belt, rainbowrunner boots, stone of lazwher(pref with + spell block), then just godly rings/helm/gloves to make up for what your missing and preferably a 350+ dps dagger.

So lets get down to buisness.

PASSIVE TREE

http://poeurl.com/y0vXnzO

DEFENSIVE OVERVIEW

This build incorporates high armor, high block and the extremely high spell resistance received from incandescent heart to survive. End game I am running around 5.6-6k energy shield. With the 16k or so damage you will be putting out you will have a lot of sustain from the 11% life steal from the chainmail and blood rage as well as the ton of energy shield healing from aegis you'll receive. You will be able to face tank entire screens of mobs on 78 maps no problem. The hits that get through your block are quickly healed up from aegis and on some fights this build is just straight nerve wracking watching your es drop from full to half and back up again instantly and constantly. This is a crit based build for no reason other than I like shadows and daggers =p. You can modify the build starting on different sides of the tree to use maces which I think overall may perform better or axes but I just like the style points of daggers. You will need to run discipline grace and the last aura can either be herald of ashe or tempest shield depending if you want more deeps or tankiness.

OFFENSIVE OVERVIEW

This is not a very high dps build since it is centered mostly around being a super tank but it still puts out respectable dps numbers. I am around 16k dps and if I am grouped with someone running hatred its around 21-22k with frenzy charges from blood rage. Vaal Reave is very important as well if you pop vaal reave and then continue casting regular reave it will still maintain the mega distance of the vaal reave till your reave stacks go away which is super sick.

BANDITS

Normal - Kill Oak

Cruel - Help Oak

Merciless - Help Kraityn or Oak or get the skill point, personal preference.

SKILLS AND SUPPORTS

Chest

- Melee Damage on Full Life
- Melee Physical Damage
- Reave
- Faster Attacks
- Multistrike

If I had a 6th slot I might run added lightning or power charges and spec into the two power charge nodes right off my tree.

4L

- Reduced Mana
- Grace
- Discipline
- Herald of Ashe or Tempest Shield

4L

- Cast when Stunned
- Enduring Cry
- Vulnerability
- Increased Area of Effect or Whatever you want here, maybe immortal call but i like having endurance charges up 90% of the time

4L

- Lightning Warp
- Vulnerability
- Reduced Mana
- Faster Casting

This probably isn't the most optimal 4link but sometimes es gear is a pain in the ass to color red =p

3L

- Caster when dmg Taken
- Enduring Cry
- Immortal Call

3L

- Whirling Blades
- Vaal Reave
- Blood Rage

GEAR

I'll link what I am wearing at this time.

My potions are

www.twitch.tv/cabdru to check out the build!
I really like the idea behind this build. Maybe this is a silly question, but how do you sustain Reave without Clarity or any mana on the tree?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
I really like the idea behind this build. Maybe this is a silly question, but how do you sustain Reave without Clarity or any mana on the tree?

Reave is super cheap

@OP: I know I have said this before about another CI build (was bloodseeker marauder), but just as I was thinking of a beyond melee CI incandescent heart build today, BAM I saw one on the forums! Awesome! This can probably do both normal and uber atziri, best of luck man.

Are auxium and aegis necessary?
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Sep 20, 2014, 8:40:43 AM
aegis is definetally necessary for this build. Auxium well i think if your frozen you can't block so either auxium or dreamfragments is necessary. You could rock a good rustic and drop a ring for dream fragments and it would prob be good. I just like not being chilled cause it tears up your deeps
"
Hotrail wrote:
Auxium well i think if your frozen you can't block so either auxium or dreamfragments is necessary. You could rock a good rustic and drop a ring for dream fragments and it would prob be good. I just like not being chilled cause it tears up your deeps

What about Alpha's Howl instead of Auxium or Dream Fragments? I realize that you lose ES, but maybe it's worth it if your other gear is quite good (plus you'll get more ES from Discipline since it'll be bumped two levels in Howl).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Sep 20, 2014, 4:33:31 PM
Depends if the +level from alpha's on discipline would outweigh the good amount of ES u can otherwise get from a rare helm. Eg. 300/300 AR/ES or EV/ES or even a 400 ES Circlet

Alpha's will give a very nice amount of armor though
MFJonesHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info