Graphical Bug with Righteous Fire

Not exactly sure why this is happening, but I suspect it's something to do with righteous fire + Conc effect + inc AOE interacting with graphical terrain, but...well...

Have a look for yourselves. :/

Spoiler

It's deleting some of the ground textures as I walk around.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm gonna guess your total Increase Area of Effect value is in the negatives?
"
TikoXi wrote:
Not exactly sure why this is happening, but I suspect it's something to do with righteous fire + Conc effect + inc AOE interacting with graphical terrain, but...well...

Have a look for yourselves. :/

Spoiler

It's deleting some of the ground textures as I walk around.

the area around the edge of your RF aura has a blur effect. Thats what you're seeing... this isnt even close to a bug. the smaller your aura, the more condensed the effect seemed to be when i was last using RF; if you dont believe me take out conc effect, throw on a carcass, take some aoe nodes, and look at the edge of your RF to still see the blur effect just slightly thinner.
Last edited by ExaltedExile1 on Sep 19, 2014, 10:52:33 AM
A blur effect would only make tracks, you know, blurry. Instead, the tracks are entirely gone.
"
Obscurin wrote:
I'm gonna guess your total Increase Area of Effect value is in the negatives?

It is, but only by 7%. That is way more than 7% :P

It's what Vipermagi said, and it doesn't just happen to the tracks. Everything that's not that basic ground texture just vanishes, unless it's an object that can be interacted with like a pallet or wall or barrel. I didn't think to check dropped items.

It's very disconcerting when you're moving, the still image doesn't convey it well. It's very noticeable, even if completely harmless. I certainly wouldn't call this one necessarily gamebreaking unless it overwrote stuff like the chilled/burning/etcetc ground effects too. Then there's problems...
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info