[1.2] Righteous Doon Surger -- Iron Will IIR caster for Rampage

Welcome to the Doon Surger

65% more damage from Righteous Fire? Check
50% more damage with Flame Surge? Check
Increase life and damage with one stat? Check
70% all resist just from the tree? Check
Freedom to stack IIR/IIQ? Check

Badass look? You decide.

Note: This is probably not a build for beginners as it will probably be quite confusing.

Key Features of the Build

Flame Surge and Righteous fire create a crazy damage multiplier when you combine the two. In a 6-link 30k DPS is attainable. I'm at 15k using just a 4-Link.

This weapon gets more powerful the higher your strength. At 800 Strength it rivals your average endgame wand and keeps getting better from there. It adds generic damage, making Righteous Fire, Flame surge and whatever other spells you want to use stronger.

With 88 Fire Resistance and 13% base life regeneration per second, the build can either sustain RF indefinitely for a huge damage boost or become a life regenerating tank.

The build has just under 200% increased maximum life by level 80, resulting in an incredibly powerful burning aura from Righteous Fire and a health pool large enough to take a number of hits. Beyond 80 the build still has huge growth potential in either more survivability or my personal preference, more damage.

Life Leech, Fire damage and it caps the other two resistances. And it adds Strength. This is pretty much the perfect belt.

Passive Skill Tree <---- Click the link ya dingus

Levelling Guide

I levelled using Searing Bond and Flame Surge until 65. It's really up to personal preference.

Bandit Choices
N - Life / Point
C - Point
M - Point

Begin by heading left on the tree, going as far as Combat Stamina and stopping. Then go south, collecting the large amount of life regeneration and Diamond Skin in the Marauder area. Once that is filled, head down to blood magic and grab the fire+life regeneration node on the bottom left. Mana issues are now solved until level 65.

From there, head right to the duelist area to pick up the Life Regeneration there. At this point I would recommend obtaining a Goldrim and Aurumvorax. With these two items resistances should be capped up to and including Merciless. Belly of the Beast is equippable at level 36 and I would highly recommend it. It will allow you to tank bosses all the way through Cruel.

Once that area is completed. Head up from the Scion start to collect the last bit of life regen and mana at Quick Recovery. From there, complete the branch that heads toward the aura cluster, grabbing the life and +1 fire resist along the way. All that remains is to grab the remaining aura nodes down the bottom.

At level 65 with

It is possible to sustain Righteous Fire. Use some respec point to take out Blood Magic and equip a clarity gem. Don't level it up too much or you won't have enough mana to cast your spells. I took the Dynamo cluster because it helps you level up your clarity and reduces the cost of your spells - 2 for 1. From there you can equip Doon and Rise of the Phoenix and start busting out some crazy good damage.

From this point onwards where you want to take the build is up to you. I opted for increased maximum mana so I could level up my Clarity higher because I find Arctic Armour incredibly useful, however some of you might want more life or more armour instead.

In selecting gear, once you have obtained all the uniques your resistances will be almost capped already, leaving you free to prioritise Life, Strength and Increased Item Rarity or whatever else you desire. Tailor it to how you like to play.

Current Gear and Gem Setup

Check the gem links in my gear to see my current setup. I only have a 4-link chest at the moment but once it is 5-Linked I will swap Flame Surge and Ethereal Knives and add Concentrated Effect. A 6th Link will use Added Chaos Damage or Life Leech depending on how the colours roll.
Spoiler
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Sep 23, 2014, 11:45:30 PM
nice, was thinking about same thing when patch 1.2 came out, but read somewhere or someone told that flame surge doesnt get dmg boost from RF, so i quit that idea.
Woolfio @YouTube
Last edited by Woolfio0 on Sep 20, 2014, 10:35:47 AM
"
nice, was thinking about same thing when patch 1.2 came out, but read somewhere or someone told that flame surge doesnt get dmg boost from RF, so i quit that idea.

It definitely does, bosses drop so fast if they are inside your burning aura.
From the wiki:
"
All sources of burning damage trigger the bonus, including the ignite status effect, Searing Bond, Righteous Fire, and burning ground.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Sep 22, 2014, 7:32:14 AM
I had a RF / Flame Surge / Three Dragons build pre-1.2 that was pretty awesome, so I am considering modifying this build to use Three Dragons.

I am curious of your thoughts on Three Dragons (especially now that Static Blows is so fuckin far away), as well as on Carcass Jack.
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
Sounds pretty interesting; would like to see a vid of the build in action if you've got the time to make one.
Can you post a Photo from Offence and Defence Tab?
What do you use EK for? Isn't RF + FS enough? RF for aoe and FS for single target..
"
rakal wrote:
What do you use EK for? Isn't RF + FS enough? RF for aoe and FS for single target..

RF burn is only doing about 10k DPS at the moment and the AOE isn't large enough to effectively clear. EK is also at 7k, but has a large range so it greatly enhances the clear speed and is a nice alternative for fire resistant mobs.

I'll add some screens of offense/defense and a video when I get some time but I'm pretty busy with uni at the moment so you'll have to be patient.
Yeah 5L EK is pretty useful to combine with RF it feels, Flamesurge as Support works fine too.

Just wondering why you use Doryani Intivation because it doesnt work with RF+FS ?
Last edited by Azial on Sep 26, 2014, 4:32:06 PM
"
Azial wrote:
Yeah 5L EK is pretty useful to combine with RF it feels, Flamesurge as Support works fine too.

Just wondering why you use Doryani Intivation because it doesnt work with RF+FS ?

Life leech does work with Flame Surge. EK will be moving into support position on Doon once I sort the colours out on my chest to 5L Flame Surge

Trying to roll 3b2r is proving to be such a bitch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info