CoC synergy.

I plan on building a coc character as my second one in rampage, seeing how fun coc builds are. I want to do something different than the usual gmp - arctic breath- fireball. So I've been thinking about it, and landed on wand barrage coc with arc and lightning storm. The idea is to put as many storm markers on the ground before it goes off for huge damage. There is something appealing about a dozen storms going off at once. So, I want to know if this setup will be viable. Barrage-gmp-arc-lightning storm - cold snap- proc. Gmp for hitting even more enemies, aka more storms. And cold snap for keeping them in place to take the full effect of all the storms. Wands because of higher base crit chance. One thing I don't like about arctic breath and fireball is the fact that u use gmp and reduce the damage heavily. Any info and feedback appreciated. Thanks in advance
why not.

how do you plan to fuel cold snap? 6L volls protector, or are you going to sacrifice one slot to get one cold snap cast per four seconds? I dont know your full setup, but it can also be hard to actually freeze anything but the weakest trash mobs, because CoC spells usually deal less damage per cast than manually casted ones
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I am not particularly rich. So was thinking tabula first before I can get a 6 L volls. I mainly wanna know how viable storm call is for coc. Set a dozen markers and watch the whole screen melt. The cold snap is not for damage. It just for freezing or even chilling mobs so that they stay in place for the storm call to hit. I could use arctic breath. That would slow them down.but I want the main thing to be the arc and storm call. If this works out I can create a build around this.
Cold Snap will require Voll's Protector to work well. Don't plan on it doing much without it.

Storm Call is horrible unless you have Vaal Pact. The burst damage it will do when you hit reflect is horrific.

I use Arc, Firestorm, and Flame Surge. The synergies from those three should be obvious. If not look them up on the wiki.
Try Arc+Firestorm

Storm call is good for long encounters (ie. boss), but in most cases things will be dead long before storm call activates.

No need to keep targets in place when almost everything is dead...but Herald of Ice works remarkably well freezing things.

Another surprising effective combo is Arc+Ball lighting. It looks really cool and clears waaay of screen. Slower vs bosses though.

I've been preaching Berek's grip. Won't need any other source of life or mana leech using this in a cold+lighting build.

Last edited by bullsonparade on Sep 19, 2014, 11:58:22 AM
"
bullsonparade wrote:
Try Arc+Firestorm

Storm call is good for long encounters (ie. boss), but in most cases things will be dead long before storm call activates.

No need to keep targets in place when almost everything is dead...but Herald of Ice works remarkably well freezing things.

Another surprising effective combo is Arc+Ball lighting. It looks really cool and clears waaay of screen. Slower vs bosses though.

I've been preaching Berek's grip. Won't need any other source of life or mana leech using this in a cold+lighting build.

Berek's Grip is practically useless for leech. Frozen enemies are only frozen for a very short time before they die, and this is not accounting for the short freeze time.

It's better to use something like Warlord's Mark, which gives more regardless of the enemy's state. It also doesn't waste a ring slot.
Thanks for all the info guys. Just started the character. So it be some time before I start testing combos. But I was looking forward to seeing a dozen storm calls at once. ....
"
BaDaSs_PrO wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys. Just started the character. So it be some time before I start testing combos. But I was looking forward to seeing a dozen storm calls at once. ....

There are two main problems:

1. Reflect, since it's the most sudden burst a player can reflect on themselves.

2. Low rate of damage. CoC is favored due to its ability to lay out damage quickly, and SC limits that.

Edit:

I use Firestorm in my Arc/Firestorm/Flame Surge for two reasons:

1. Crits. Firestorm gives 13 fireballs and that means 13 possible crits just from one proc. That's huge for getting flask charges back.

2. Ignite. This drastically increases Flame Surge's damage.
Last edited by Natharias on Sep 20, 2014, 3:58:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info