Vaal RF + low life Triggers

Hello, a question about the low life game mechanics:

If i use Vaal RF while on full life, it will drop me to 1 and then deal damage. Is there time between the drop to 1 and the deal damage part to trigger low on life effects, or are those applied when you cast a spell? For example if I have Pain Attunment.
Hmm, hard to say as we don't have any other similar mechanic, but I think you will get the low life bonus as you will have 1 life at the moment you deal damage.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hmm can anyone confirm this?

Or can someone try this out in standard, it would be rather hard to test this in beyond ^^
Last edited by blawa on Sep 19, 2014, 4:29:31 AM
You aren't thinking of using this in beyond, surely? :)

If nobody comes forward I'll try to test it this evening. But I think it works, you know about melee damage on full life with blood magic? It doesn't work because you first pay the skill cost and then skill damage gets calculated.
pay the piper -> calculate damage -> apply skill effect
The question is only if reducing life to 1 is considered a part of paying a skill cost or a part of skill effect, or maybe an extra step in between.

Would be cool if you would test this.

Not sure if I'm going to use it, but i was thinking about how much damage could be reached with that and if it would be able to make a 1-shot irr char with it ^^

On a side note:

How would be 10% increased fire damage be calculated with Vaal RF?

would it be x (beeing life paid) * 1.6 (vaal multiplier) * 1.1 or would it be calculated additive (x*1.7) ?
Like you said, the damage bonus on RF is a multiplier, so it can't be additive. Increased/reduced are additive.

Yup, I just checked, I got one in my stash. I'll respec a char I meant to scrap anyway, find a bunch of slow ass zombies and test it tonight. Now that I think of it, damage has no variance so 30% more will be easy to spot.

Ok, it definitely works, although it was tricky getting it to do little enough damage, i had to drop all health and ES gear from the char and find myself some earth elementals to test on.

Anyway, without PA it took some two thirds of their health and with PA taken they were left with a sliver, so it's a-OK. Enjoy building around it :)

Last edited by raics on Sep 20, 2014, 7:01:44 AM
Wow, thank you very much for testing that.

Now I'll have to figure out how much damage it could possibly do and see what can be one-shotted ^^

Edit:

Still not sure about how damage modifiers are calculated. Could you tell me if my math is correct (assuming 6000 Life/Es):

6000 * (1.39 + 0.15) // Vaal Damage with 20Q
* 1.69 // Concentrated Effect
* 1.61 // Iron Will with 302 Str
* 2 // Redbeak
* 1.3 // PA

Would result in 65000 damage.

Or is it Rf_Damag * (1.69+0.61+1) * 1.3 which would result in 25740 damage.

I'm sure i read somewhere that increased damage gets added together, where as more damage gets multiplied.

Is that right?

Last edited by blawa on Sep 20, 2014, 7:21:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info