Molten Strike conundrum

So Im in the process of planning a marauder using a two handed weapon with molten strike. Im torn between what weapon to use though. My choices are primarily Oro's Sacrifice and Marohi Erqi. Both have their advantages and dissadvantages.

Oro's gives alot of fire dmg, makes me not have to take the avatar of fire keystone and allows for a more of an ignite/prolif build:

Molten strike - firePen - Weapon EleDmg - LMP/GMP - Ignite - Prolif

The big dissadvantage being the increased phys and fire taken from enemy atacks which can be helped by getting armor and purity of fire

If I on the otherhand use the merohi erqi I'd go for a more typical damage based setup on my weapon:

Molten Strike - Multistrike - weapon eledmg - added fire dmg - faster attacks - LMP

This setup would make me have to take avatar of fire so I can convert 100% of my phys dmg to fire but I'd not take increased dmg from phys and fire.

Im kinda more interested in trying the burn build as I love seeing enemies catch on fire and then spread it amongst them. Very satisfying indeed :D

What would you guys do, or something I've completely overlooked? Im planning on getting a doryanis invitation belt to leech fire damage. Also got a kaoms heart for increased HP
Last edited by Acer99 on Sep 18, 2014, 10:24:46 AM
remember that molten strike only increases your phys damage (besides 120% base damage, but talking about lvling progression), so leveling one up is pointless using oro's. though quality does give up to 15% more fire damage. That would be main downside to me for using oro's, all you get from it are the projectiles, so basically it gives you a melee splash for free, without ever buffing itself.

With marohi it would buff itself, adding more phys, which in turn adds more fire.

of course i never have liked prolif burn builds much, so I am probably biased. GL with whatever you choose

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info