"please don't hit me" build idea --- (need some help)

Before anything ... I want to mention that I have no clue if there is another idea similar to mine or perhaps even the same, I don't have the time to check everything out on the forum unfortunately. This is also my first post in this area.

Now ... let's get started. Due to the fact that my computer has issues with the low optimizations of this game I have serious problems in manually dodging extremely dangerous spells/attacks ... etc. (not to mention the environmental effects that can't be disabled ? - not sure if there's a way to do it from the config file)

Therefore this had me planning on a build that somehow can prevent incoming damage ... if possible ... 90% of it with the least investment possible (both passive wise and item price wise).

Previously I've been interested in Evasion ... before I found out it uses a system of "entropy".

Recently .. I've gotten a high interest in block chance [As far as I know , it's purely chance based ... however it can get as high as 75% (~78% with anvil) ... so again it just wasn't enough.]

Then I thought .. Hey ... maybe I can do both ?

I've searched to do it in the most efficient way so I can still get damage nodes efficiently.

My best bet block-wise is the (probably overlooked) Crest of Perandus.( ~40% block chance)
To complete that I would need another 35% which means far too many points solely from passives ... therefore I'll add another 15% by equipping the cheapest Bringer of Rain.

Now all I need is 21% from passives.

Cutting the chitchat ... this is what I've gotten to so far in terms of planning:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1Iuro1gW11CMwcd2oS3g6Qr689MZFCjXWMZ6mVzrh8kX-Cti9tz7GrjwtxPYn7fxLbBaHGayqWfPAGmae-tIXL2TnVdaG0SSwgKQ26SSqFm_jan7iqZU1gFFgmyYyAbIZz3oZivsJ9toaj0Zx4YgdqsLstMXb50cG2HZW9dtul9COirk-rGYs4X3jYqxsjJ2qNj1tbLVIDkgRlpAbcFbssIwLuXyYb5J95c-X_n69Y0Py4ZoT29QWQIV9kFWnhBo42j1b91INUUysR03j_o81krXyqW5sRnJsMgkJIQ==

The only things from what I've picked there that "matter" are the aura nodes/block nodes. Everything else there related to damage/crit chance and hp is the part with which I need the most help with.

Everything that was picked there for damage is what looked interesting to me. I can't get everything there obviously. Did it mostly as a highlight for anyone that wants to help me.

So ... this is what I've obtained:

Attack wise:
-> 40% chance to dodge attacks
-> at least 30% chance to evade attacks (grace aura + Bringer of rain mostly)
-> 75% block chance for attacks (17% ~ passives, 4% ~ tempest shield, 15% ~ Bringer, 40% perandus) ~ I'm aware there's a 1% overkill in that it was more point efficient tho.

Spell wise:
-> 30% chance to dodge spells
-> around 56% chance to block spells (stone of Lazhwar + rainbowstride)

Auras/buffs:
-> Grace
-> Hatred (probably)
-> Purity of "..." (whichever element is needed in current map)
-> Tempest shield (because it looks badass --- but seriously .. saves points and enables potential combos like + chance to blind or chill effects with added cold)

(I'm not sure if I could also run herald of ash ~ but that would be the last choice here ... which would probably work very well with Reave)

Note: I need no mana increase nor regen due to the fact that every aura is percentage based ... and since I'll be using bloodmagic for skills the 3% leech from Perandus and 2% from passives will come in handy. (edit ~ actually ... I think Elreon ring could fix mana cost entirely which will free a gem slot for both skills)

The cost of skills should also be pretty low since max link is basically 4. (this is also a huge drawback but meh)

Skill choice: ->Reave
->Viper strike
Weapon choice: Dagger

Curse wise: Vulnerability (poacher's mark would probably be better since I'll have low accuracy)

Unique Items: -> Bringer of rain
-> Crest of Perandus
-> Stone of Lazhwar
-> Rainbowstride boots
-> Maligaro's Virtousity

If you're wondering about the power charges I've picked .. yes .. there must be a "power charge on crit" gem in both skill setups.

So ... what I need help with is choosing the damage side of things in the passive tree in such way that I can have both enough hp to survive potential hits (mostly spell hits since that's the weaker part of things) but also enough damage to kill everything I encounter as fast as it can get with this build idea.

I'm not sure how much it would be "ideally" to have critical strike chance but from my general experience in games ... usually around 65-75% is enough when you're using a fast weapon.

If you have better ideas for anything here , please be my guest. I'm not exactly the smartest guy around so I'd really appreciate the help.

"Good luck on your naps Exile"
Last edited by IonSugeRau1 on Sep 19, 2014, 3:11:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info