Europe - can't login

Hi, is Europe server down - cant login - 'Unable to connect to login server' ??? :(

P.S. 1/2h later the same(8:55 GMT+2)... Waiting, waiting... :(
Last edited by BestiyaLV on Sep 18, 2014, 1:55:39 AM
Server isn't down.

That's just a connection issue trying to get to the server.

Could be due to antivirus/firewall/security software or hardware... could be due to bad DNS and it is failing to properly resolve the gateway host... could be a lot of things. The "server being down" is the last of the likely possibilities, especially when it's just you reporting it (and there isn't already 20 threads of people claiming the server is down with hundreds of "me too" posts).

So make sure all that antivirus/firewall/etc stuff is disabled.. and make sure your DNS is set up right. I recommend using Google's OpenDNS since it is never "down" from what I can tell. You can use this by setting your primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4.

Hopefully one of those works for you... otherwise, tell us more about your connection and you should run a WinMTR trace for 300 packets and while you attempt multiple logins with the same error. Instructions for WinMTR can be found in the Consolidated Technical sticky post (as well as the "Rules" post)
Tnx for the reply ! :) Yes, it was some problems with DNS/etc on my side.

Apologize for creating thread, while not double-checking my side :) :(
Sorry but I've never had to do anything except click and play nor change any settings locally what so ever, more and more people are reporting this issue now.
"
StormchaserZA wrote:
Sorry but I've never had to do anything except click and play nor change any settings locally what so ever, more and more people are reporting this issue now.

Well riddle me this then batman, if the EU server is down, how am i logged into it right now???
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hey Superman

Riddle me this?

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/pathofexile.com.html

Check comments.
I'm also having issues.

Loading screen took a bit longer than usual to load,
but once "Log In" was clicked, all I see is "Contacting Server"
and after a while "failed to connect to instance" or
"an unexpected disconnection occurred".

I have restarted Steam to see if it was maybe a problem,
but still no luck in logging in today.
But but... Superman says it's just me? :) Nah jokes aside, something is not working as expected.
Not that the site shows anything other than access to the website
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 18, 2014, 8:45:22 AM
Yes we're aware of the fact but once you log in and enter a town all you get is yourself nothing more. no vendors and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info