Reflect Damage NOT affected by ANYTHING?!

I built a character with the hopes of enjoying a reflect damage build. You know, similar to a sword golem with leech or blood golem with thorns in D2. I was spurred onto the idea after finding The Anvil.

Here's basically what I've done. Shield block nodes and reflect phsyical damage on block items, reflect physical damage taken, and all the "% Increased Physical Damage" nodes I could find. Not Melee nodes, just physical damage.

Now with the Thousand Teeth shield and the Anvil, I expected to see some increased damage coming though, but it doesn't. I've tried Wrath, Facebreakers, etc, but nothing will increase the damage coming from reflected sources.

Ok, so clearly "reflected damage" though physical, can not be increased by anything I do. My question is this: Why on Earth not?! Sure the increase from Facebreakers alone would break the game, but even the very few increased %s around the Shadow don't count. Why do you hate creative builds?! Please address this somehow and let me build a merciless/maps viable reflect damage build! It doesn't have to be easy to do, and it doesn't have to be godly or overpowered, but I'd like the chance to try and to have fun making something new.

Thanks.
This. Was really sad to see that this is impossible right now. :(
Perception is reality.
"
psyberjock wrote:
I built a character with the hopes of enjoying a reflect damage build. You know, similar to a sword golem with leech or blood golem with thorns in D2. I was spurred onto the idea after finding The Anvil.

Here's basically what I've done. Shield block nodes and reflect phsyical damage on block items, reflect physical damage taken, and all the "% Increased Physical Damage" nodes I could find. Not Melee nodes, just physical damage.

Now with the Thousand Teeth shield and the Anvil, I expected to see some increased damage coming though, but it doesn't. I've tried Wrath, Facebreakers, etc, but nothing will increase the damage coming from reflected sources.

Ok, so clearly "reflected damage" though physical, can not be increased by anything I do. My question is this: Why on Earth not?! Sure the increase from Facebreakers alone would break the game, but even the very few increased %s around the Shadow don't count. Why do you hate creative builds?! Please address this somehow and let me build a merciless/maps viable reflect damage build! It doesn't have to be easy to do, and it doesn't have to be godly or overpowered, but I'd like the chance to try and to have fun making something new.

Thanks.

Just a note here, stacking block AND reflect on damage taken is counter-productive. Getting your block chance up decreases the damage you take, thus makes reflect on damage taken weaker. :-V

Pick one.

I do agree with the rest, but I'm not sure if reflect build can be balanced properly - it will always be OP or UP, that is.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
If you had not already thought about it, Tempest Shield clearly fits your build concept (lightning damage attack when you block) and could be something you build around. Not a real consolation, I am sure, but something. I also notice you did not mention Punishment, which also seems a no-brainer for the build concept.
The build actually worked back in close beta until they did some mega nerf to Marauder. In addition to reflector, pure tanker also does not exist in this game. The type that can roll through even bosses while not clicking anything.

As someone who used to play MMORPG, I can see where they are coming from. Walker builds encourage lazy players and makes a game tempting to BOTS. Even if BOTS malfunction, a pure walker build is guaranteed not to die in such situations.
Right, you can't scale reflect.

Reflected damage from punishment curse, bramblejack or such can't be scaled because the attacker is both the source and destination of reflected damage, it's part of his original attack and you have no influence over it.

Returned damage from Temu or spiked shields can't be scaled because item is the source of damage, not you.

Generally, reflect doesn't work in PoE when we use it because there's a huge discrepancy between player and enemy health and damage, our dps can have a magnitude of over ten times our health, and enemy dps is probably under 10% of its health. In games like Sacred or Titan Quest enemy and player damage are much closer together so reflect is useful to have, especially in Sacred where reflect also blocks incoming damage.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
i do a reflect build

I use shackles gloves, to curse myself, with reflect-punishment
atm, also Vulenerability, to increase reflected damage

plan =
reflect 440damage to myself, every 0.250001second, that makes all my 25-linked cwdt explode into 70k loh Cybil's heal
"
ElricOfGrans wrote:
If you had not already thought about it, Tempest Shield clearly fits your build concept (lightning damage attack when you block) and could be something you build around. Not a real consolation, I am sure, but something. I also notice you did not mention Punishment, which also seems a no-brainer for the build concept.

Not really a no-brainer - again.

You either block OR take damage - both are counter productive.

When you are adding physical damage, adding attack speed scales your DPS.
When adding block chance, you are not scaling your "when damage taken" damage. You are making it WORSE, because you will take less hits.

If you are going for damage taken build, block is not your friend : P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Tommyvv wrote:
i do a reflect build

I use shackles gloves, to curse myself, with reflect-punishment
atm, also Vulenerability, to increase reflected damage

plan =
reflect 440damage to myself, every 0.250001second, that makes all my 25-linked cwdt explode into 70k loh Cybil's heal

interesting concept
IGN TylordRampage
so what about using Saffels shield so you dont block attacks.
you will reflect melee physical only so you want to get hit.

bramblejack, saffel, punishment
you need to max spell block btw, since you wont reflect those damage.

the anvil. tempest shield, to 'reflect' every blocked spells.

ondars guile - you dont want to get hit by projectiles, they wont get reflected eh?

MOM, high life regen, high mana regen to regen any damage taken.

cwdt - maybe rejuv totem, punishment

taking all possible life nodes.

viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info