How does spell block work with firestorm?

So I understand it enables you to block spells, but what happens on skills that roll the crit only once for the duration of the skill like firestorm? It use to be each ball in the firestorm would crit but now it's per-cast.

My questions is: So does that mean spell block is based off of per-cast as well or individual hits from the firestorm?

What about fireball with LMP/GMP?

Curious because I ran into Igna last night on a zana daily and her crits hurt and it seemed to be per-cast but wasn't able to study it too much given the situation.
Last edited by ZeusTheGiant on Sep 17, 2014, 2:36:37 PM
It's a good question. PvP a friend that has FS and check would be my only suggestion.
Crit always rolls per Skill activation - this goes for literally every Skill, including those used by monsters. This has never been different, either.
Block is always rolled per Hit. It's completely unrelated to how Crits work, so, I'm not sure what that's about.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 17, 2014, 2:27:57 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Crit always rolls per Skill activation - this goes for literally every Skill, including those used by monsters. This has never been different, either.
Block is always rolled per Hit. It's completely unrelated to how Crits work, so, I'm not sure what that's about.

Crit has not always been based on per skill activation, as at one point it was per hit. Based on fighting Igna it seemed like block was based on per skill activation and not per hit but of course that wasn't the best test.
Well yes, technically it was per Hit more than two years ago. That's... Not terribly relevant, because neither you nor I played during that time.
(I didn't miss it by much though)

EDIT: for reference :D Aug 2011, so three years even.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 17, 2014, 2:55:47 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Well yes, technically it was per Hit more than two years ago. That's... Not terribly relevant, because neither you nor I played during that time.
(I didn't miss it by much though)

EDIT: for reference :D Aug 2011, so three years even.

lawl, i was playing back in closed beta since a friend gave me a spot.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's completely unrelated to how Crits work, so, I'm not sure what that's about.
It's relevant because rolling 'crit' affects the entire spell, so does rolling 'block' affect the entire spell or just a hit.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
"
ZeusTheGiant wrote:
lawl, i was playing back in closed beta since a friend gave me a spot.

Yes, and the linked patch notes are from Alpha. I too have played Closed Beta, extensively (that's why I have a CB Supporter pack, too). So you know.
hopefully someone from GGG can respond since this is all speculation it seems.
You don't block a spell, or an attack for that matter, you block the damage the spell does.

Ever notice on block builds you still can get randomly stunned but take no damage...cause you took the hit, got stunned, but blocked the damage.

IGN: Ghured

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info