Working on a glacial hammer templar, need advice.

The short version is I'm a noob and need help with this.

The long version is this:

90-point build

Skills:
Glacial Hammer + Elemental Proliferation + Weapon Elemental Damage + Cold Penetration + Multistrike for single-target damage.
Glacial Hammer + Melee Splash + Elemental Proliferation + Weapon Elemental Damage + Cold Penetration for AoE
Leap Slam + Curse on Hit + Frostbite + Increased Area of Effect for mobility and cursing enemies.
Reduced Mana Cost + Hatred + Purity of Elements + Clarity for auras.
If I don't have the requisite links, I plan on dropping the last skill in each set (so if I don't have a 5L, drop the Multistrike from the first Glacial Hammer).

Gear:
Not sure about this yet. Doryani's Catalyst looks good - the crit chance is wasted but the intrinsic elemental proliferation is great. The Taming also looks great for the bonus freeze chance. Aegis Aurora looks like a good shield for this build due to the increased elemental damage and block chance. I'm sure there are more good uniques for this build, but it's already looking pretty expensive.

For rares, I'd want +Life, +ES, +Cold Damage/Elemental Damage, and +Chaos resistance I think. Beyond that I'm not sure. Can you corrupt an item to give elemental proliferation?
What do you think of getting Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire gem?
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

I'd just use molten strike if I wanted to do that. Freeze and chill duration is based on cold damage dealt, so even though it's kind of neat to be able to freeze someone with a fire skill (GH + Cold to Fire) the freeze duration would be crap, and with RT I won't be critting and burning anyone.
"
Sommunist wrote:
"
Lenox2288 wrote:

I'd just use molten strike if I wanted to do that. Freeze and chill duration is based on cold damage dealt, so even though it's kind of neat to be able to freeze someone with a fire skill (GH + Cold to Fire) the freeze duration would be crap, and with RT I won't be critting and burning anyone.

Good point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info