How much lightning damage/duration to shock map monsters?

I'm curious how much lightning damage I'll need to shock normal (white) monsters in maps. Obviously this has a lot of variance, so respond with your best guess.

In particular the only lightning damage I'm looking at is a quality 20 added lightning gem, as well as +50% shock duration from the tree, for +70% shock duration total.

Would this be enough just for basic mobs? I'm looking at mine stacking so as long as the shock triggers at all it will work for my build. (The damage will be buffed by +% ele damage from the tree, as well as from having the remote mine support.)

I have no experience with shock in this game, so insight would be appreciated.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 15, 2014, 2:40:58 AM
If you got a crit build just the damage from added lightning or wrath aura will be enough. If you aren't crit you won't shock much with those, you'd need all shock duration nodes to shock monkeys.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
That's unfortunate; I wasn't planning on going for a crit build. I'll have to see what other things I can do to increase the duration.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 15, 2014, 10:32:35 AM
If you are shocking for someone else, I recommend Elemental Proliferation, it is very good for spreading as if you shock many mobs, the longest duration will spread to everyone. If you are shocking for yourself, you may not be able to give up the gem link slot.
EDIT: wrong forum, sorry!
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 15, 2014, 10:57:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info