Should cleave be modified by weapon range?

Question is in the title. Unless they changed it at some point from what i have read is cleave sticks to its flat 20 aoe radius regardless of weapon range modifiers. Should this be changed since it is a skill used with a weapon. Makes sense right?
increased aoe on cleave is the best thing ever
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
cleave now has 20 radius independent on weapon

It could use radius equal to the weapon range (2H weapons have 7 units range). It would be more realictic and +weapon reange would work with it. Is that what you are suggesting?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Um wait. Does this mean the Wideswing Poleaxe I just got for a drop won't give me more range since I'm a cleaver? Does that mean Master of the Arena doesn't add range to cleave either?
"
harddaysnight wrote:
Does that mean Master of the Arena doesn't add range to cleave either?

That's exactly what it means. Cyclone is the only area skill with radius dependent on weapon range.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Wideswing, on the other hand, also comes with a Level 20 Increased AoE - that works wonders for Cleave.
So, I've read alot of topics about this shit of weapon range and no one can say CLEARLY what the fuck helps or not.

ITS ONLY CYCLONE?
No, it affects a few more things:

For one, it affects projectile size with spectral throw so you might notice you're hitting a bit wider swath with 2H axes than with daggers. Although, there's a small difference, cyclone uses 'attack range' which is weapon range plus your character model radius, and spectral throw uses only weapon range, to get weapon range deduct 2 from the cyclone radius table on wiki.

And if you have a lot of weapon range you might notice your char picks targets from further away when using multistrike. That can be useful with melee splash because it places the area of effect center further from you, potentially catching more targets in the AoE.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 15, 2014, 7:30:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info