Hideout music

I think it would be great if we could purchase, like with decorations, different tracks from the ost to play in our hideouts. I really don't like having to listen to some of the songs certain tilesets get, on repeat, forever.

There's only so much battlefront track I can take in my Vagan hideout before I simply go and mute the music because it's making me feel dreary, while I'm trying to place fancy and beautiful decorations. I think people will understand the unwanted dichotomy that I'm referring to.

If possible, it would be nice to be able to purchase multiple tracks so we can kind of create our own loop of favorite tracks while we craft and item manage away in our hideouts.

Just a thought.
Pretty please with sugar on top :)

I'd like to also suggest the ability to preview a decoration and play around with it and rotate it before purchasing it. Right now it's very hit or miss, you don't really know if you'll get the decoration you wanted from the tiny icon.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Who still uses ingame music? If i want music i want i have winamp on. Not to mention the POE soundtrack comes with the supporter packs anyways.
lol i also use winamp, we're always less and less users :(

but i think that yes, more music will be composed for sure, and to have different music for each hide/out to purchase wouldn't be bad in the future.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Why would I want to use winamp? If it's not in game then it doesn't pertain to this thread.

The risk of alt tab deaths, and the extra lag created by having both PoE and a sound program open are not wanted.

What I want is first the ability to pick and choose in game tracks to play while you're at your hideout, and eventually have new unique tracks added that may not show up in actual areas in the game but could be played in one's hideout.

Out of game music kills immersion. No zone syncing at all.
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
Why would I want to use winamp? If it's not in game then it doesn't pertain to this thread.

The risk of alt tab deaths, and the extra lag created by having both PoE and a sound program open are not wanted.

What I want is first the ability to pick and choose in game tracks to play while you're at your hideout, and eventually have new unique tracks added that may not show up in actual areas in the game but could be played in one's hideout.

lag by having a music player open? Really? Stone age PC much? And alt tab, seriously? No window mode? ARPGs are window mode musts, there is no way theyre enjoyable otherwise. How does it kill immersion at all? Just turn on proper music that fits the setting then. BTW, how is it with immersion and having any background music at all anyways? You should only have sounds like weapons and foot steps for realism if you want "immersion".

So, window mode. Media player. If you cant handle having a media player open or dislike window mode, im sure you got some phone/media player device lying around on which you have music to play.
"
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:

lag by having a music player open? Really? Stone age PC much? And alt tab, seriously? No window mode? ARPGs are window mode musts, there is no way theyre enjoyable otherwise. How does it kill immersion at all? Just turn on proper music that fits the setting then. BTW, how is it with immersion and having any background music at all anyways? You should only have sounds like weapons and foot steps for realism if you want "immersion".

So, window mode. Media player. If you cant handle having a media player open or dislike window mode, im sure you got some phone/media player device lying around on which you have music to play.

You're missing the point. Immersion isn't turning off the in game music. It's experiencing the game as it was meant to be experienced. The most immersive and incredible experience in the game for me was my first time through the Imperial Gardens. I only play hardcore and my first time through in Invasion league around when Dominus was released, was incredibly tense and fun. The music is so foreboding one of the best tracks in poe. And Devourers where a completely new experience for me. after 500+ times through it's a different experience but that first time was incredibly memorable. Same with the Dominus fight, which has an incredible track, the lead up in scepter of God is also fantastic. But the Dominus fight has some of the best music with probably the most powerful in game voice acting and sound effects I've ever seen. I mean diablo II had some moments but nothing that compares to Dominus' lightning attacks raising the hairs on the back of your neck and the way it thunderously echo's on the top of the scepter.

winamp and external music is kind of irrelevant. I wouldn't have made a thread if all I planned to do was listen to a youtube playist while I was decorating or crafting in my hideout. I do listen to playlists sometimes if I'm doing an incredibly boring grind with friends in softcore but in hardcore I like to enjoy the game. The point of this thread is to suggest a further immersion to hideouts, our personalized homes in the game. If there's one place I'd like to pick and choose music, it's there.

I used to play a lot of LOTRO, there was a housing system there, which was actually quite in depth. I wouldn't want the same thing in PoE but the devs there realized that people would be spending a lot of time using their housing storage chests organizing items. So you could go to a vendor and get certain music boxes that would play a certain track from the game. Granted it was only one track. I'm suggesting the ability to pick all of them, or narrowing it even down to just one or no tracks at all in our hideouts. Customizibility is kind of the selling point of hideouts. On that note I think it would be neat to get an additional 2 or 4 stash tabs in our hideouts in a hideout stash if say our hideout master reached a certain level, but that's taking away from GGG microtransaction money so perhaps not.

btw, I play on a laptop in window mode. I occasionally accidantly click on the sides, and it resizes the game window, doing so freezes the game for a few seconds, more than enough time to die in hardcore. I've never died in hardcore, but I know streamers that died by alt-tabbing. and my closest calls are often from the mouse somehow accidently hitting the window modes side, and starting a resize while in game, which as I said, freezes the game for a few very dangerous seconds.
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:
"
"
ಥ_ಥ wrote:

Spoiler
You're missing the point. Immersion isn't turning off the in game music. It's experiencing the game as it was meant to be experienced. The most immersive and incredible experience in the game for me was my first time through the Imperial Gardens. I only play hardcore and my first time through in Invasion league around when Dominus was released, was incredibly tense and fun. The music is so foreboding one of the best tracks in poe. And Devourers where a completely new experience for me. after 500+ times through it's a different experience but that first time was incredibly memorable. Same with the Dominus fight, which has an incredible track, the lead up in scepter of God is also fantastic. But the Dominus fight has some of the best music with probably the most powerful in game voice acting and sound effects I've ever seen. I mean diablo II had some moments but nothing that compares to Dominus' lightning attacks raising the hairs on the back of your neck and the way it thunderously echo's on the top of the scepter.

winamp and external music is kind of irrelevant. I wouldn't have made a thread if all I planned to do was listen to a youtube playist while I was decorating or crafting in my hideout. I do listen to playlists sometimes if I'm doing an incredibly boring grind with friends in softcore but in hardcore I like to enjoy the game. The point of this thread is to suggest a further immersion to hideouts, our personalized homes in the game. If there's one place I'd like to pick and choose music, it's there.

I used to play a lot of LOTRO, there was a housing system there, which was actually quite in depth. I wouldn't want the same thing in PoE but the devs there realized that people would be spending a lot of time using their housing storage chests organizing items. So you could go to a vendor and get certain music boxes that would play a certain track from the game. Granted it was only one track. I'm suggesting the ability to pick all of them, or narrowing it even down to just one or no tracks at all in our hideouts. Customizibility is kind of the selling point of hideouts. On that note I think it would be neat to get an additional 2 or 4 stash tabs in our hideouts in a hideout stash if say our hideout master reached a certain level, but that's taking away from GGG microtransaction money so perhaps not.

btw, I play on a laptop in window mode. I occasionally accidantly click on the sides, and it resizes the game window, doing so freezes the game for a few seconds, more than enough time to die in hardcore. I've never died in hardcore, but I know streamers that died by alt-tabbing. and my closest calls are often from the mouse somehow accidently hitting the window modes side, and starting a resize while in game, which as I said, freezes the game for a few very dangerous seconds.

You asked for different tracks for the hideout which GGG would need the composers to compose first and thats not easily done.

Dont compare other games "housing" system to the hideout system, not sure what that game is like but in POE you go to the hideout basically for dailys and benches and thats it. You dont spend all day in the hideout.

I want to add, if you cant find music for the hideout to add to some media player you lack imagination of which music would fit. You want GGG to add alternate music which is not easy to code/compose but you could do it yourself by turning off music and choosing something fitting. I use perfectly fitting music all the time, makes the game more fun to me rushing through it all with proper music as the ingame music isnt my style except for i think the oversoul theme.
"

You asked for different tracks for the hideout which GGG would need the composers to compose first and thats not easily done.

Dont compare other games "housing" system to the hideout system, not sure what that game is like but in POE you go to the hideout basically for dailys and benches and thats it. You dont spend all day in the hideout.

I want to add, if you cant find music for the hideout to add to some media player you lack imagination of which music would fit. You want GGG to add alternate music which is not easy to code/compose but you could do it yourself by turning off music and choosing something fitting. I use perfectly fitting music all the time, makes the game more fun to me rushing through it all with proper music as the ingame music isnt my style except for i think the oversoul theme.

I asked that we be able to change the music tracks in our hideouts with tracks from other areas of the game. They're already composed and in game. You should have read more carefully. The new track idea was for the future. As new acts come out with new areas/music, or if the devs would like to make special composed tracks for hideouts that are microtransaction purchases. In a nutshell, I'm suggesting being able to pick and choose all current tracks, and in the future more tracks as they come out, as well as a potential business for GGG in exclusive music micotransactions for new songs that aren't in game areas, but could be added to hideouts.

I'll compare whatever games housing system that I please. If there are good ideas that could make hideouts more enjoyable then there's no reason not to use them. It's closed minded to ignore potential improvements just because they're from another game. Tiny details can make a world of difference. I craft in my hideout, between that and looking over items to keep or sell, I sometimes spend a lot of time there. If you don't, that's your business, but it's off topic.

Your tastes in music don't concern me. If you want to use a mediaplayer that's your business, but it has literally nothing to do with this thread. A crappy alternative like a mediaplayer run side by side while the game's music is muted isn't dev intended. Adgio Hutchings and Gautier Serre put in hard work to make a great soundtrack, and you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting that just because you don't enjoy their music, everyone else should take the "easy" way out and mute the music as well. Can we play the poe ost on a mediaplayer while in game music is muted? yes. Do I want to? no. It's not a long term solution. It's like fixing a crack in the wall with duct tape. I don't think it would be a huge amount of work to make a hideout decoration that for all intents and purposes serves as a jukebox. Allowing us to pick and choose the song that plays while we're there. There are also other ways this could be done in-game. It would be an atmospheric improvement, and one I think would be nice to see implemented.

Btw if you have nothing constructive to add to the topic than at least don't take my thread off-topic. Thanks.

I agree entirely. They don't need to compose new songs for each hideout.
It would just be nice if you could purchase other soundtracks from the existing
Selection the same as decorations. There are other songs I would prefer listening to.
The current music is really repetitive and definitely not the nicest to listen to for
Long periods of time.
"
Who still uses ingame music?

Hey turd burger, your input added no value to this suggestion but instead derailed the thread on the first reply.

Now on topic

Setting alternative hideout background music would be nice for anyone who has grown tired of the one specific song that plays in the one place that they are supposed to be in control of. I also don't think this adds any unreasonable workload to the developers for the creature comfort it would add.

Edit : Funny thing is I did not see that this was a slight necro, a shame.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Nov 9, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info