The Burning Overkiller

Hi :)

the concept of this build is to maximize the synergies of Ice Shot and Herald of Ash in order to create a huge burn:

1. Ice shot converts all phys dmg to cold dmg (cone-explosion)
2. I am using the "Pyre" ring to convert all the damage to fire; this allows me to scale all the damage(of the cone) with elemental/fire/area damage notes
-> fire, elemental and area damage double-dips, meaning that they increas the on-hit-damage as well as the burn damage
3. Ice shot as well as Herald of Ash are AoE skills; thus I take as many AoE notes (and use Carcass Jack / Hyrri's Bite ) as i can easily get.
-> this allows me to use conceffect on Ice shot as well as HoA (i am not 100% sure if conceffect works on HoA; but it pretty much feels like it works ;)
4. I am using the "Chin Sol" bow along with the Point Blank Keystone to get 3 times more damage on close range.
-> Note that the damage of the cone is based on the hit of Ice Shot; that means I can hit an enemy in "close range" and the mobs standing in the cone also get the full damage although they are not in close range...
5. Ice Shot allows me to hit a lot of enemys at a time, increasing my chances to hin an enemy on low life /with low life and therefore getting an high overkill.

Gear and Links

note that i would use "Increased Burning Damage" in my Herald-Link and maybe drop clarity/ArcticArmour (hard to get the colours)->will equip Alpha's Howl again)

Damage Calculation

List of multipliers
*4,53 Increased damage
*1,2 Ice shot
*1,69 conc (weapon)
*1,69 conc (HoA)
*1,59 Wed
*1,49 physproj
*1,75 added fire/hatred
*1,5 Point blank
*2,0 Chin sol
*3,46 Burning damage (with inc. Burning damage Gem)
*1.5 shock (applies twice (hit and burn)
*1,57 Overkill
*1.0 Resistence (fire pen only applies on hit)

cone Damage (full conversion)
Base: 2434 - 6899
actual: 24690 - 69955 (with conceffect+chin sol + PB)
with shock: 37035 - 104932
base burning damage (20% of hit) : 7407 - 20986
after multiplier(shock+overkill+conc+burndmg) : 101994 - 288990 (burn dmg/sec)
without shock: 45330 - 123741

I am not sure if these numers are true/ if conceffect really works on HoA(pretty sure it works now).
Also note, that this is with perfect overkill and 0 resistences; it really depents on the "mob-composition"

random thoughts

-I am working on a single target solution (currenty swaping Burning Arrow+ chance to ignit with Avatar of Fire)
-Reflect can be a problem (eaven with 10k evasion + Ondar's Guile), when I see refect i use a Ruby flask and try to hit single targets and let the burn do the rest + I can't be killd by offscreen-reflect because of Point Blank
-This build is less effective in Parties (monster have more hp-> harder to get a good overkill); but if you get a good overkill you can still 1-shot packs

I hope you like my build; its very fun to play and fairly cheap (axcept the links of course).
I was surprised how good it works, so i wanted to share my experience/ get some input to improve it.
Last edited by JuergenPotzkoten on Sep 24, 2014, 8:28:33 AM
I'm curious about what you think about a wand alternative, I've been working on a crit wand HoA build, but it doesn't seem to get nearly as high burn.

I'm currently at a 500% crit multiplier, but I don't have point blank yet.
HoA prolif is abused left and right since beginning of the league and will get nurfed for sure.
Still plenty of fun to play with it i admit.

Nice take with the Templar though!
Last edited by Blergh on Sep 14, 2014, 6:23:45 PM
FML

I have to comment after seeing your name. (check my char name(lvl 100 one), maybe we can be buddies)

Conc effect totally works on HoA. I am doing a HoA cleaver build and I tested it out.

Inner force also works for HoA, however inner force increase the buff on you... which means for HoA, i think its the 15% phys damage gained as fire bit which gets buffed. The burn I dont think does, but it nevertheless buffs your auras too.

I'd probably swap the colours and gems between your boots and helm. getting extra 2 level on grace is very nice, tiny bit more damage on hatred.

Ignite duration is really nice too as its a straight burn damage modifier, 20% duration means 20% more burn damage.

its a nice build, and i'd say better than botw 1 build.

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
thx for you positive feedback :)
And i did some testings and also was pretty sure conceffect works on HoA;
I am also planning to do a melee build with this concept; nice idea to use cleave, because its a AoE skill, so you could scale it with conceffect,too.
(I thought about Glacial Hammer+ AoF+Pyre, because of the full conversion and thus full scaling with ele/firedmg notes.

I would say the main flaw of this setup is that:
1.you have to travel all over the skilltree (loose a lot of points)
and
2. need targets to proliferate from (the damage of Ice shot is quiet good but the real damage occures in the cone)

@isaro: I also did some Wand-burn-builds; I ended up with a low-life Piscator Anger+Wrath+Empower version. I think the biggest problem with Phys wands is, that you scale it with hatred and therefore shatter everything (no shock/burn prolif). But you could still use vall Lightning trap for hard bosses, like I do.

Thats my build:

and i use Lioneye's paws for stun immunity.
my Link: PS+wed+critmulti+eleprolif+LifeLeech+FirePen (you would swap LL+FirePen for ProjPhys+AddedFire for Phys version)
I ope i could help you a little :9
Last edited by JuergenPotzkoten on Sep 15, 2014, 7:29:22 AM
Ice shot converts 40% of arrow and 100% of cone damage from phys to cold; Pyre is converting all cold damage to fire, therefore all phys gets convertet to fire (cone).
the tooltop shows only the arrow-damage (only 40%conversion, no conceffect,chinsol buff, PB)
so the tooltip only shows a fraction of the damage.
And I am not constantly shocking, only whe I use Vaal Lightning Trap (wich i use on all the bossfights in the video)
Hello !
i cant see the gear on the spoiler , can u fix it please? (yep im naab :P)
"

*1,69 conc (HoA)

I really doubt this works like you think it does.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
"

*1,69 conc (HoA)

I really doubt this works like you think it does.

I tried it out; its toatlly working; "turtleken" also confirmed, check his post
I really hope this is Beyond Viable, becuause I'm doing this build with the exact same Links/Gear. Do you think it would be worth it to replace Added fire gem with a Level 3+empower?
Last edited by Sadpandabearz on Sep 24, 2014, 6:30:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info