Instead of a Self-Found League...

This idea spawned from my recent Powerranking Drop System and may be much more simple to implement. Not sure if it has been mentioned in other self-found threads.

What about if at character creation screen where you pick standard/league/hardcore...etc., you can choose a new "self-found" option and create a brand new character that is SF only?

- A self-found character is blocked from shared account and guild stashes and cannot join any guild. SF characters do not have a "trade" option, SF only characters CAN share a stash however so you can experiment with different builds if you find an item on one character and want to try it on another SF character.

- SF loot tables are adjusted greatly in the player's favor

- Special loot tables can be generated for each zone level, boss and map to eliminate low-end items dropping off of high-end encounters/areas. (if you want low-end leveling stuff, you can farm lower level areas)

This way, if you just want to experience gameplay using some of the best stuff and experiment, you can with no risk to the global economy.

Last edited by WarzClan on Sep 14, 2014, 2:25:59 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just one problem: My Char 1 is SF, Char 2 not. Char 1 gets great loot and Char 2 takes it from the stash to trade.
Items would need to be account bound, which is a nono around here.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
This suggestion describes D3 down to a T.
I do not understand why we would need to look at some kind of special `self found' option. Fix the crappy itemisation, problem solved!
"
ElricOfGrans wrote:
I do not understand why we would need to look at some kind of special `self found' option. Fix the crappy itemisation, problem solved!

Whats so crappy about it? I find upgrades and i solo. No problems at all ever. BTW, its called GRINDING gear games.
"
WarzClan wrote:
This idea spawned from my recent Powerranking Drop System and may be much more simple to implement. Not sure if it has been mentioned in other self-found threads.

What about if at character creation screen where you pick standard/league/hardcore...etc., you can choose a new "self-found" option and create a brand new character that is SF only?

- A self-found character is blocked from shared account and guild stashes and cannot join any guild. SF characters do not have a "trade" option, SF only characters CAN share a stash however so you can experiment with different builds if you find an item on one character and want to try it on another SF character.

- Special loot tables can be generated for each zone level, boss and map to eliminate low-end items dropping off of high-end encounters/areas. (if you want low-end leveling stuff, you can farm lower level areas)

This way, if you just want to experience gameplay using some of the best stuff and experiment, you can with no risk to the global economy.

this is a no, the answer to SFL is the new crafting system.
it allows players to edit rare items to better calibrate their gear.

uber op unique items are not necessary to enjoy this game, which has been created with trading in mind.

SF is viable, end game requires trading. To be good at this game you need both gaming and trading skills; GGG won't change that.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
"
WarzClan wrote:

this is a no, the answer to SFL is the new crafting system.
it allows players to edit rare items to better calibrate their gear.

uber op unique items are not necessary to enjoy this game, which has been created with trading in mind.

SF is viable, end game requires trading. To be good at this game you need both gaming and trading skills; GGG won't change that.

I dont need trading not even in the so called endgame. Self found leagues already exists, theyre called: Standard, Hardcore, Rampage, Beyond. Any and all leagues can be played self found. With the masters we got way more than we could ever ask for when it comes to solo play.
Imo, the ideal SF implementation is simply a state check:

"Is all equipped gear, including gems, if any, SF, as in never changed accounts & looted in a solo instance?"

If YES -> Name displays SF tag.
If NO -> Name does not display SF tag.

You can still use items found by other characters on your account, but those items must not have ever changed accounts or been found during party play (if you want to maintain your SF tag).

If any equipped items have changed accounts or were looted in a non-solo instance, then your SF tag will not display.

Essentially, items are either SF or not, and wearing items that are not SF prevent one from displaying a SF tag, but the SF tag can always be acquired by un-equipping non SF gear and only wearing SF gear.

Currency is not classified as SF or not SF and has no effect on your ability to display a SF tag.

Anyways, it is too late for an implementation like this; too many items already exist.
And who would really want this implementation anyway?

Also, in regards to your special loot tables for SF players suggestion, rather than providing special loot for SF classified players, I would suggest that 'solo instances' get special base-item type biases based off of characters' class and/or attribute balance, to ensure that more items than not are dropping on base item types that are relevant. 'Party instances' get the full RNG treatment, but 'solo instances' have some base item type 'determinism' based on characters themselves.

My pointless thoughts.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Sep 14, 2014, 6:37:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info