Xandro

How the hell is he NOT broken? What the -fuck-? Perm stun with his spamming ground slam? Exiles are anything but balanced... Makes as much sense as Merveil being harder than Vaal, which is also stupid.

After a couple hours, I just realized:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/584012
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/927146

...et cetera. GGG listening??
Last edited by ER_Triage on Sep 14, 2014, 1:58:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Can i list all the million ways to counter him or you're biased with your opinion and claim my methods are useless?
"
Mahesys wrote:
Can i list all the million ways to counter him or you're biased with your opinion and claim my methods are useless?

List some. That guy is always a pain in the ass for me.
Melee chars can out-dps & out-leech him, he's a pushover for my Dualstrike WoE Marauder. He's easy for ranged too (puncture lol).

My discharger witch that uses Searing bond totem + Flame surge for single target, can smack him too (place totem behind him and surge his face). Unwavering stance (or max. block) helps a lot, possibly a must have for non-ranged. (as everywhere where stun is a factor)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 14, 2014, 6:03:21 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Melee chars can out-dps & out-leech him, he's a pushover for my Dualstrike WoE Marauder. He's easy for ranged too (puncture lol).

My discharger witch that uses Searing bond totem + Flame surge for single target, can smack him too (place totem behind him and surge his face). Unwavering stance (or max. block) helps a lot, possibly a must have for non-ranged. (as everywhere where stun is a factor)

Those arent tactics. Its a bunch of specific builds that have an easy time with him. Thats like saying that the Cells boss is a pushover because AA completely disables him. Problem with that is that not everybody runs AA.

So how about some tips for the people who have trouble with him? Like, I dont know. CI Pulsers or something. Anything with Low Armor. In Beyond I generally skip him as well, but thats because my build isnt suited to fight shit that follows me by leap slamming around.
Last edited by nynyny on Sep 14, 2014, 7:21:24 AM
I dunno anything about CI freeze pulsers. I explained how I deal with him, with the chars I play. If you have low armor, then you are probably ranged or have max. block.

My chars that have easy time with Xandro, cannot defeat Igna, etc. This has been PoE design all the time. (not that I agree with it)

Use similar tactics you use to defeat Brutus/Kole. Or skip.

E:
Also OP didnt specify anything about his build / troubles hes facing, etc... How is anyone supposed to give good advice with no info?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 14, 2014, 7:55:32 AM
Totem builds and puncture eat him! But then, puncture eats almost everything in seconds, no matter what it is.

I've had major trouble with Xandro with some builds, especially melee builds while leveling, and just couldn't kill him. Skipping him is the best approach, He, together with Inga (nerfed now, though, and seems much easier) is a little over the top. Especially with desync in the picture.
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:

List some. That guy is always a pain in the ass for me.

Ok i used these to counter him:

1) smoke mine. If he's blinded he will hit 50% of the times so he will deal 50% of his DPS
2) if you're ranged, it's easy to outrun him and use an hit&run tactic
3) flame totem with blind works well too for blinding him
4) using a granite flask will help a lot and will avoid being stunned. Up to a1m a single granite flask will grant a lot of mitigation
5) having puncture in a trap can be useful, kite him and put a trap: look at him bleeding to death
6) he has multistrike and it's forced to do 3 attacks. So lure him, let him attack and use ranged skills to damage him
7) enfeeble will greatly reduce his DPS. combind with smoke mine will further cut his DPS

I never had troubles with him with any build. Igna on the otherside was always a problem to me..
depends on the build, for some he is super easy
S L O W E R
Xandro is a nightmare for Melee. a bit easier if you have Unwavering Stance, but I truly hate that keystone simply because I like to play Evasion recently.

for ranged, you either cheese him with a nice off-screen Puncture, or DPS and/or Spell Crit his brains out - because if he survives and closes in, you're toast.

many other Rogue Exiles are somewhat resembling what player-characters can do in PvP.
but guys like Xandro, Igna, Tinevin and Magnus are just cheap a$$holes with overkill damage, unreal attack speeds, endless mana, zero cool-down, and generally over-the-top numbers resembling cheating player-characters in other games.

that's why I extremely enjoy cheesing those bastards, and am still proud of that one time I melee face-tanked Xandro in HC, with a piece of his own perma-stun medicine.
damn that was satisfying.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 14, 2014, 1:51:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info