Herald of Ice/Ash visuals and Shields

Heraldof Ice and Ash are awesome and they also look really great (even better than some mtx!!)

They look really great especially with dual wield, however with onehanded+shield builds it looks really off, because the effects penetrate the shield. This gets even worse if you run both of them.

I know it is not possible to contain effect just behind the shield; but it is a fairly easy fix to make it so that herald visuals only apply to hands holding weapons.

I hope this happens because with both heralds my characters really looks bad if they are holding shield.
will never be replyed by GGG it will mean some work
No way to really fix this sorry. Maybe with a better engine there may be the ability to fix this problem. Im not entirely sure though. Other games have this problem too
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
No way to really fix this sorry. Maybe with a better engine there may be the ability to fix this problem. Im not entirely sure though. Other games have this problem too

LOL, that is very strange... Why do not just hide effect from hand which doesn't hold weapon, it should be pretty simple?
Because it looks really terrible right now.
Last edited by feafarot on Nov 24, 2014, 7:01:34 AM
Well we probably could but knowing how people react to change round here.. In before "option to revert back herald change so it appears on both hands even when wearing a shield.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Well we probably could but knowing how people react to change round here.. In before "option to revert back herald change so it appears on both hands even when wearing a shield.

Well, people are demanding all kinds of crazy options as is.
One more shouldn't hurt. Maybe they won't notice (so fast...).
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Hi

The heralds look great with spirit shields and the dex small shields but with the bigger rectangular shields the heralds get...lost but when a player uses tempest shield on top of the heralds it looks great because its ,er...lost in the tempest shield now:)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Heralds looks great on dual wield builds.

But on other builds it should have an option to disable the effects. Some kind of marktplace item that you put on the gem and it now doesn't show the appearance.

Please, some kind of way to toggle them on/off. The heralds (I use all 3 of them) is killing the immersion of the build I made (with many marktplace appearances to get final visual).
I just posted about this issue in the Effects Feedback Thread and then found this thread. I suspected that the effect clipping was something that couldn't be done due to engine issues, and this confirms it, so the only possible solution is to create some kind of a toggle to disable the effect on the off-hand (or even on both hands).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info