[1.3] The Winter Knight, arctic armor and glacial hammer CoC guide

@thevdende
Good staff indeed, it could be interesting, i use one handed weapon for the shield but respec for staff should be possible

something like that :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBhMREckA2I020-Rhd8B-iAASzAnEUTTKJd-VX4uw4gW-ePE3YjHZ8u_NxPO-t8Ro4p4SQVcAaZp760jbp42okqhZvHRSPRpuh99esmDpYVcaD23RVXyoRD0wtFLCCHtsLWfOsqift_EtsFocZGS7Uj2eb5FGbWDH7f-NfP-OfJy_vDhZAhX3bXlAwFvmIOJ2KvJpBcvuLSi7ZojQxp6VbWZ-0WK61BOQiKU9jCxNxXqXJZw==

It should give you as much critical strike chance and maybe more chance to block
Try it, tell me how it work and i'll include your build as an alternative version of mine in my original post
In all hornesty... This would work WAY better...? excuse me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4FE0Es6IAMol35Vfi7DgaOKeEkFXAGhnpZp5Z88tD-tIWQJhvDhQXL37iHRQ26YV9kn3ewWTngFaPRuNq5c9V1k99m6FR-YCkUWD313gvT_OsmBhqE8w6WBEPdFV85ezLVcZMLdteXypYBxSwF1RQMIIejjxMs9sLwfNWSpeVoqOeoVJTf8YPxCKBPV-X9H5ZEZY7fG0ZDkgHHrjKCPRjQ13ylS7AVHDVQsPw1WpDvOqJ09-ESVFwUgL-jDZVS2HiJpUWvw==
Seems like a fun concept.

Sceptres are vastly underused to CoC builds. I have done 1 myself and they do in fact work.

I would argue that you should also consider the "Swift precision" node. It is 1 of the best single nodes in the entire tree if you are crit melee or CoC.

I also think anytime a build goes by the whispers of doom circle, they are better off getting it rather than passing it by
Last edited by Consequence on Nov 12, 2014, 7:59:43 AM
Interested in a melee + AA (but always-on) also. I've been asking/reading around, some say, it's not impossible but it would be in-efficient.

So is it?

The reason I'm interested with AA is that I'm under the impression that it will help a lot against Desync RIP. I saw those videos from ZiggyD also.
So, does it?

If there are other ways to achieve the safetiness of a high-level AA w/o pressing so much buttons, I would gladly like to know.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Dresden files reference?
"
Manakel2 wrote:
@kinglokken
I didn't try cold snap but it should be interesting
For the Vagan mod on weapon, i would like to have it because, despite of the accuracy nodes, i only have 84% to hit but it need to be on scepter with good damage, crit, etc... and i can't craft everything yet

I'm using Cold Snap and CoMK and it's rather delightful to freeze a bunch of stupid apes and then shatter all of them into pieces with Ground Slam or something the like.
You should've seen that pile of ice rubble in the Weaver's Chamber. :D

How do you deal with ice resistant mobs? Some of them were quite a PITA and I switched to Heavy Strike for those.
@Godliked
different taste, different way

@Consequence
In fact i took Swift Precision later. For Whisper of Doom, i'm not really fond of curses so i just cast Frostbite before jumping in melee and that's all

@ManicCompression
It's clearly not inefficient since i'm level 82 doing 70+ maps. About Desync, i don't see any difference but maybe it's just me.

@Thangaror
It's written in the build : Frosbite so no problem with ice resistant monster (that's the reason why i didn't take assassin's mark)
Hooray for thematic builds. I like it. Min-maxing builds have their place, but they lack the 'flavour' of something like this. Arctic Armour will be hard to sustain, maybe only level it to about 15?

"
nebunelux wrote:
Maces have 5% crit. Not worth going crit for what you're aiming.

Sceptres. I'm using this with Skyforth's "Glaciator" build, which uses Glacial Hammer for single target, and it works very well.
Last edited by Norky on Dec 2, 2014, 4:47:45 AM
Hi everyone

I just updated the passive skill tree to the 1.3 version.
Let's be clear : it hurts badly. You only can have +200% critical strike chance (more than +300% before), which give about 30% chance to do a critical strike (without power charges). So i change a part of my gear, diminishing resistance (which were about 130% in mercyless... it seems you have much more resistance in 1.3) to have gear with global critical chance instead.
The other point is shield block nerf, but every character using a shield is concerned with this problem, not just this one.
The good news is more life nodes with constitution in the big life wheel. I was also surprised with a better mana regeneration, allowing me to use arctic armour even when i move.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info