Anyone playing non crit ST beyond?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EsQW1BiMHHgguCSEOSBGWFSAWvxmOG5cbrR6BH0Ei4iLqI_YmlSzpMHEwfDIBNj04ljpCOrM94kZxR-JI7klRSbFKfUtXS3hLjUxgTZJRR1INVUtW-lv3XPlh4mHrYqxkWmegbIxtbG-ed9d4rnpTfXV_K4MJh3aMC419jb-QCpMnlS6VZpsmm42btZ2qo4qkOaZ_pzSxs7IZtAy0xbVItxe307l8u-PAnMDjwzrEospKzerPetCB037UI9aK18vXz9o93Q3dqOOE53To1uyw7UHtg--I8NXxs_k3_MX-uv8c

OK so my build is a non crit ST ranger with phase/acro, evasion, block (and stone of lazhwar) and enough hp to get past 1 shot hits since got no armor at all. So far it is disgustingly tanky in act 2 cruel, but the damage is just falling behind slowly. Sure I am only LMP - ST right now, but will it get worse in merciless with non crit?

The planned links are ST / LMP / FA / PPD / BM / Iron Grip (or LL instead of blood magic if I have no mana probs, saves me looking for life leech on gear)

What do you guys think? Will also be using poachers mark, the life and mana on hit is so nice currently. This with frenzy/flicker combo is working out great to fill out the dps gaps currently, but I dont know how it will hold up in maps and general lategame. I'm afraid if I use a crit ST build I will not get the same hp / block / evasion numbers.

Also, what weapons do you recommend?
1h RT spectral is dogshit no matter what unless it's buzzsaw.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
1h RT spectral is dogshit no matter what unless it's buzzsaw.

I didnt even take RT

Sucks to hear that

Any more opinions?
Try phys crit ST or buzzsaw.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Well, If you want to stick with physical ST you can go this way. Buy high physic. dmg. dagger, can be Bino's if you rich. Thanks to that you can take some dmg. node for dagger, like From The Shadows, and Nightstalker. For a link I would suggest: ST/added fire dmg/Physic. proj.dmg./Life leech/LMP for 5 link. Get some flat physic. dmg, on jewellery and you should have no probl with damage and with mind drinker you should be good with mana regen. For auras I'd run Hatred, herald of ash.

Sorry for my English it isn't my main language.
First, non crit ST is only going to pass in solo play and even then is going to be weak in late content. Second in order to map you will need a ridiculous 1h or a decent 2h weapon. Third, instead of path of life nodes, you will need path of increased damage nodes. Aim for 250%+ (emphasize +), hatred, at least a 5L with ST, phys proj, FA, LMP, AF. Single target is double strike. I gave up on a non crit ST char at lvl 80 or so. It is fine for solo docks, piety, low maps etc. 75+ maps it is less than ideal.

Edit: RT is a must, you cannot afford to take accuracy over damage nodes.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Sep 15, 2014, 3:46:08 PM
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
First, non crit ST is only going to pass in solo play and even then is going to be weak in late content. Second in order to map you will need a ridiculous 1h or a decent 2h weapon. Third, instead of path of life nodes, you will need path of increased damage nodes. Aim for 250%+ (emphasize +), hatred, at least a 5L with ST, phys proj, FA, LMP, AF. Single target is double strike. I gave up on a non crit ST char at lvl 80 or so. It is fine for solo docks, piety, low maps etc. 75+ maps it is less than ideal.

Edit: RT is a must, you cannot afford to take accuracy over damage nodes.

thanks man

scrapping the idea now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info