[1.2 Beyond Viable] Carnage Heart Dominating Blow Build - Great for Soloing! Video Included

Dominating Blow - A unique skill gem which I adore because of it's abilty to "turn the tides of battle" and create large armies. While it is a unique gem it has horribly low damage scaling (it doesn't scale at all!). Every level of the gem increases your minions damage, so if you're looking for a build where you blaze through maps this might not be for you.

Rather, if you're looking to go through maps at a fast pace BY YOURSELF
then this might be for you! This build is designed for SOLOING - As you'll generally be a useless slot in groups because you have a) low damage b) are melee.

This build is hardcore solo viable! I am a student and I am employed - normally I would delete my characters who end up in standard but I love this build so much I've decided to continue this character and maybe try it again in the next league as school did start 2 weeks ago for me.This build has went through many revisions. I was initially inspired by the Dominating Blow build created by Nico in the onslaught league, I loved it so I continued my love for Dominating Blow in every other league, this is my first guide. work in progress, continuing to be updated slowly
  Died at level 77 WITH ALL GEAR SHOWN

Reason : Dominating a Rare with "Allies cannot die"
Got cocky, Beyonder with Flicker Strike spawn and raped it and me. I will update this guide later. I really love this build, only reason I didn't delete this character yet. I wish I didn't die though.

Pros and Cons

PROS It's really fun
It's Newbie Friendly
Doesn't require on insane amounts of currency
Easy to Level
hardcore viable
endgame viable
Decent Damage
Can be built multiple ways depending on playstyle

CONS Requires a "decent" weapon (400 pdps mace to start mapping)
Leveling from 1-55 with Ground Slam until you feel comfortable with Dom Blow
Little defense asides from High HP pool cwdt setup and armor
Relies on Minions just a little bit
Low tooltip dps (minions deal damage) until you get a better weapon

Video Tutorial Guide and Indepth Explanation of Build         

Full Build Skill Tree Level 85~         
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQTjn2vZJy8U9u8Ohju8nzSOpKz_0_IvAedUSacwNugaPhRxFCBYr2SjKS7461BHeA2HKRpVaf7qGBiRqW5hITs79zK18oTvEuGHandTcqm77TWSdO2QbIOxrKp82ZHO_o_YvXrvqZRgkVHmWfMzhyftTeNgS4TZtC_AGh2-_EumVwUtZU1uaWDEkFVmnhnpA-5sFjGeFFK-pyE0p4T60stDZ1iHGUd-nsUaOBcvNukOFOStvYFk5ySq42rewZkrVdYWb4Ck

Gem Setups

4L : Dominating Blow - Melee Phys - Melee Splash - Multistrike (USING BLOOD MAGIC KEYSTYONE UNTIL LEVEL 75+~
5l : Dominating Blow - Melee Phys - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Added Fire Damage (with BM keystone)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alternatively once you transition to auras and have a leveled BM gem

5l : Dominating Blow - Melee Phys - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Blood Magic Gem
6l : Dominating Blow - Melee Phys - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Blood Magic Gem - Added Fire/Faster Attacks

Reason you go BM keystone first is because Dominating Blow costs about 10% of your hp if you use a gem, wait until you get more HP and level up the BM gem.

In another 4L

4L : CWDT level 9 - Enduring Cry level 10 - immortal Call level 9 - Inc duration level 20
4L : CWDT level 6 - Molten Shell level 9 - Curse of Choice (Punishment/Warlords Mark/Enfeeble/Temp Chains) - Increase Duration level 20

4L Auras - Hatred - Reduced Mana - Herald of Ash - CHOICE OF DETERMINATION/HASTE/OTHER

4L - FA - Leap Slam - Blood Magic - Convocation
Last edited by Huntrosity on Sep 14, 2014, 4:37:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info