Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

dual wield doryani's cat build

Gear I have:
Spoiler

Skill Tree I'm shooting for:

This is what I came up with. I have a pyre ring a friend will give me. What gear would you pick from the above? I'm 2 lvls short of 75. If I run an alpha's howl I'll run grace and purity of elements I think. Not sure what to use as main attack either, ground slam would be fun. Any advice would be appreciated. The fire sword build is getting boring.
Last edited by tshern on Sep 12, 2014, 3:15:56 PM
About your tree:

You can take the two 10% onehanded damage nodes in Marauder start between "Strong Arm" and "Born To Fight", and then respec two +10 str nodes. 20% damage > 20 str.

Also it seems like a waste to invest 5 nodes in 10 int each to reach the fire damage in witch area.
Instead you could take "Arsonist" in bottom left and save 5 full skillpoints. ;)

The 3% attackspeed after "Swift precision" is also wasted, if you want attackspeed, you can have more elsewhere (even the 4% nodes in marauder start are better).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Thanks for the reply :D.

I made all the changes except the int one. I'm just worried about getting enough int for the Doryani. Let me see what I can do to get the rest of the int and I'll look at changing those.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMTzBQgFE0YkRnpGjgc5x0UIPAhNCKvJy8n7SkuLdIwVDH7Mok26ThTOtg9Pj38P5tE503YT_NQR1HmUflXDVfiWGNZ818_YMRmnmdYZ5tqHmo7bBZyqXbnd-V8uH69f-OHGYtPjHaMz49GkFWRzpPXm1ibap7Fns2fPqIApKynMKeEqBisqq-NtC-0-bvtvJ_AGsbYy0PM29Ih3CPeweNq45_kUeSt6hjsOOzL7w7wH_Gs8i_2SPcy-tL8Sw==

This is the final build. For those wonder damage is about 47k with 500% crit mult and 23% crit chance. When I crit I clear the entire screen of monsters due to HoA and Prof on maces. I live well vs elements but one shot from a monster kills me due to abyssus. Think char is going to get parted out till I get a reset and go back to RF. Its fun and clears insane but vs unique monsters its a gamble who lives. If I crit a few times I win, if he hits me hard one I die.
I was mistaken on crit chance its about 30% crit.

Molten strike is probably a bad choice to proc herald of ash and proliferate screen burn. Seems if its a projectile from MS it doesn't trigger herald. On plus side with attack speed I have and multistrike they projectiles do as much if not more than the initial hit and clear groups super fast.

I've been fine tuning the build, cast on dmg taken curse and enduring cry (can't get right color to add in immortal call) doesn't seem to effect anything much. Enduring cry + Spell echo seems to have boosted my survival immensely been running 69-72 maps non stop and have only died about 2 times which have been to boss or rogue exiles.

I may try to make a video and post if anyone is interested.
Hey, if you're dual wield Doryani's Catalysts, you should definitely definitely take advantage of the 100% phys-ele conversion, and the ability to apply the global ele affix to both hands. you can also take all those lovely phys nodes near duelist so you don't have to skillgrimage up top for the fire nodes.

you can check out my dual wielding doryani guide here as an example http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1043989

i call it the avater of double dipping build :)

hope you find it helpful!
I mostly went for nodes that had crit and accuracy on them. Kill speed on this is lower than my blender with BoE and Rat's nest. I'm still fine tuning but out of currency lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info